Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-19 08:35:11

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Is there a way to view the Media shown on a Deimos SL TV? 

I have a Deimos Second Life TV but I cannot see the media.
I asked the creator and his response was that it needs a Viewer that is built on at least version 6.5 of the Viewer. In viewer 6.5 that changed the media system in SL to be based on VLC instead of CEF.
Is there any way that I can down load this or add this so my Television will work?

Thank you for your reading this and consideration of my request.

Allexis

2022-07-26 09:31:12

The Cool VL Viewer does not use VLC for streaming media but gstreamer (or CEF for some web media)... Do make sure you got gstreamer installed (see the FAQ thread corresponding to your OS).

I am not sure what the TV creator means by using a newer SL viewer, since LL's viewer has been using CEF and VLC for years already.

Anyway, without reproduction steps (what TV is it, where to see it in action ?), neither any viewer log (media issues would be logged there), I cannot really diagnose your issue...

2022-07-26 09:54:42
Profile WWW

I thank you for your help. I can tell you where its made and there is a demo in the store. Its
Deimos Television Store at TELEVISIONS 142,118,23. I do however understand you may be busy on other things.

The notecard with it does say it works on HTML5 media formats.

Thank you so much for your quick reply. Appreciate that.

Allexis

2022-07-26 12:24:50

Allexis wrote:
Deimos Television Store at TELEVISIONS 142,118,23.
Been there, and it's working just fine with my viewer...

Here is the proof.

Note that when the media filter is enabled (as it is for me), you need to accept a bunch of addresses before the TV can work. The TV script is also a bit slow (media may take a few seconds to download too), and to "touch" the screen of a media, you often (not always, depending on the media and how the TV is scripted) have to right click and choose "Touch" (or whatever the script renamed it, here "TV menu") to get the click passed through...

Finally if you can't get a media to start (it may happen, and with any viewer), remember to use the "Nearby media" floater (click on the small button with a prim and a play icon over it, in the media controls, or use the "View" -> "Nearby media" main menu entry): from there you can see all media around your avatar listed and choose which to start, stop, pause, focus, etc...

If you need more help, post the viewer log.

2022-07-26 18:06:47
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]