Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 09:49:20

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Slow Login Process 

Hi Henri,

I have recently updated my computer and annoyingly, it came bundled with updated issues. Currently I am experiencing login times of about 1min with Cool and SL. Normally I blame this stuff on drivers, but I am out of drivers to update and at least one other viewer has normal-ish login times. So, i am hoping maybe you can spot something in the logs. (I don't really care about the log in time, I am used to waiting for computers to do stuff, but its causing some of my attachment scripts to act badly).

Approximate login times indicators from wall clock:
at 0 seconds - start login
at ~10 seconds - 'Connecting to region...' shows on progress bar
at ~50 seconds - 'Loading World' shows on progress bar.
at ~60 seconds - Loading screen ends, SL scene rezzing starts.

Thanks Henri!
~Lycia

Attachments:
CoolVLViewer_log.zip [18.48 KiB]
Downloaded 31 times
Cool_About.txt [1.14 KiB]
Downloaded 34 times
2022-09-25 03:23:25

Hard to tell what is wrong, but by looking at the log I found the following things that kind of surprise me:
Code:
2022-09-25 03:12:12Z WARNING: HBFloaterTeleportHistory::loadEntries: Could not open the teleport history file. History not loaded.
This can normally only be the case when you never teleported after clearing your C:\Users\Lycia\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\lycia_undercroft\ directory... If this is not your case, then it might betray a faulty file system/drive causing the file to fail to open.

Also:
Code:
2022-09-25 03:12:33Z INFO: LLStartUp::idleStartup: Creating inventory floater
2022-09-25 03:12:51Z INFO: LLFloaterInventory::init: Reading filters settings from C:\Users\Lycia\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\lycia_undercroft\filters.xml
This denotes a 18s delay to complete the inventory creation, which is a lot, even for 108 000 inventory objects (items + categories), when mine (17 000 inventory objects) takes under a second:
Code:
2022-09-24 10:41:30Z INFO: LLStartUp::idleStartup: Creating inventory floater
2022-09-24 10:41:31Z INFO: LLFloaterInventory::init: Reading filters settings from /root/.secondlife/henri_beauchamp/filters.xml
At worst, your inventory should take 6s to load, but not 18 ! I am however clueless about this... :?

Lycia_Undercroft wrote:
I don't really care about the log in time, I am used to waiting for computers to do stuff, but its causing some of my attachment scripts to act badly
I am curious about this: are they RLV scripts ?... The Cool VL Viewer only applies RLV restrictions from scripts after your avatar has fully rezzed (this is to avoid race conditions seen in other RLV viewers, where some attachments fail to get attached because another would have rezzed faster and forbid attaching other objects). This may explain why, but you would have to complain to the attachment scripts creator for a badly scripted item (here, probably a hard-coded delay, or lack thereof)...

2022-09-25 08:36:39
Profile WWW

Quote:
This can normally only be the case when you never teleported after clearing your C:\Users\Lycia\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\lycia_undercroft\ directory... If this is not your case, then it might betray a faulty file system/drive causing the file to fail to open.

Yes, The teleport history is missing because i cleaned my logs before capturing a fresh set for the log-in behavior. It was just to try and minimize the data you would have to look at, so you noticed my cleanup attempt!

Quote:
I am curious about this: are they RLV scripts ?... The Cool VL Viewer only applies RLV restrictions from scripts after your avatar has fully rezzed (this is to avoid race conditions seen in other RLV viewers, where some attachments fail to get attached because another would have rezzed faster and forbid attaching other objects). This may explain why, but you would have to complain to the attachment scripts creator for a badly scripted item (here, probably a hard-coded delay, or lack thereof)...

Yes here as well! It is an RLV script that is misbehaving. Its been a while since I have seen one fail on logins actual and i suspect that your right about the delay problem. I kind of forget that not everyone knows to watch out for timing issues. i will muck around with it a bit more and send the creator a notecard later, but its rare that people listen.

Anyway, thank you so much for taking a look Henri!

off topic:
Maybe i have said this before, but... Cool VL Viewer is an amazing and unique accomplishment. I remember the moment when the entire Firestorm team said "With the arrival of windlight we have to switch to the 2.0 viewer, because there is no way to make that work with the 1.24 interface"... and i think within the next week or two you released the very thing they said was impossible. :) I don't know if you were aware of what you did there or not, but it was epic, and inspirational. Thanks!

2022-09-26 12:12:32

Lycia_Undercroft wrote:
Yes, The teleport history is missing because i cleaned my logs before capturing a fresh set for the log-in behavior. It was just to try and minimize the data you would have to look at, so you noticed my cleanup attempt!
But by wiping everything in that folder, you also wiped the inventory tree cache, which in turn explains why it took 18s to fully (re-down-)load... :P

Of course, when started with an empty cache, the viewer takes more time to fully rez your avatar, and this is totally normal/expected.

2022-09-26 13:09:24
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]