Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-19 01:58:27

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Huge CPU-Spikes while zooming in and out 

Hey Henri, Zane!

Thank you! I appreciate your tips and tricks very much.

In fact I did most of those things and found a good way to balance my system out between SL and my heavy Live-Stream-Setup with my DAW (REAPER), including the Affinity Setting which in the end gave me enough power to play my piano in a still good quality (although not at all at the highest as it was possible until 2years ago...) The overall structure of the calculations processes between graphics and cpu seem to have change quite a lot and I know that I have to go and buy something new one day ;-)

Fact is, until a couple weeks ago it all went quite well with having enough power for my DAW and SL without any audio crackles that appear when the cpu gets hit quite strong. The change came with one of the last updates (unfortunately I don#t know the exact update who caused it and I believe I read in the update change description something about that process of loading faster (and tho using more cpu?) and that one setting vanished.. but I cannot remember that one..

I adjusted now all the settings again as you proposed and now I'm curious about the show tonight and how it goes. What I can say is that the cpu spikes appear when there are avatars arriving or leaving my radar. ... and that is different than before...

in the next show after today I will try to use Zane's auto-derender script again (what wasn't necessary for me to get used the last months after the first tweaks) and see it that will help.

Thanks again!

2023-04-14 18:59:24
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2