Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-05-19 11:32:52

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Groups Floater (and maybe others, too) Focus Optimasation 

Hi!

As a Live-Performer I send out informations about my shows via Group-IMs, too. For that I open the Group Floater to open the IM windows of each and for some also the Info-Window.

Currently I have to do it like that: select one group and click the relevant button at the bottom. Then I need to click the next group in the list with the mouse to be able to open the IM window for that one. That works but needs a lot of mouse operations.

My feature request is to auto-re-activate the list window after the click of a button (IM, INFO, ... ). That way one could use the keyboard to move the selection down- or upwards without so many mouse moving and clicks.

Would that be possible?

Thanks again in advance for the great support !!

Frank

2024-05-03 10:58:41

All you need to do is to use the existing Lua functions to write a small script that will open all your groups IMs...

See GetAgentGroups() and GetIMSession() in the Lua manual.

You could even send an IM to all groups in a predefined list, via Lua.

2024-05-05 16:37:40
Profile WWW

I did it. Previously I also had to do a lot of mouse operations to do it. Is it possible to add or remove the list of groups I want to open?

2024-05-06 01:55:46

marcofreeman wrote:
I did it. Previously I also had to do a lot of mouse operations to do it. Is it possible to add or remove the list of groups I want to open?

This is all about scripting, so yes you can: your Lua script could use a list of group names to send to and then you use the names returned by GetAgentGroups() to select the UUIDs of the groups matching with your list...

You could even design a Lua floater that would list all your groups to let you select the ones you want to send a message to... And you could even store that list in Lua-reserved settings (via SetGlobalData() and GetGlobalData()) for reuse in subsequent viewer sessions.

Yet another possibility is to read the group list from a note card, via a LSL script that then would in its turn ask the viewer to send the message to that group via Lua: such an example script is given for group invites in the appendix C of the Lua manual and would be very easy to adapt for message sending.

There is no real limit but the one you impose yourself in your script...

2024-05-06 07:35:31
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]