Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 23:08:21

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Gestures bug 

i was on coolvl 1.26.22.7 and upgrade to 1.26.22.9 this bug, i think, are in both.

(is a gif and is heavy)

1.- I use key shortcut for clap gesture (i use clap gesture but this happens with all gestures for me) and it keep playing even when gesture just end.
2.- I use play button on gesture floater and happens again, after it ends gesture don't stop need to it with the button.
3.- I use trigger word and same result.

and as you can see the scrollbar in gesture floater jump to the middle of the floater height

2018-06-17 22:53:47

If you are speaking about the default, super-old "/clap" gesture in the SL library, it contains an illegal animation with 11 joint constraints while the limit in SL is 10. Most viewers ignore this and play the anim anyway (with the risk that some griefer will manage to upload an anim with a gazillion constraints that will crash those viewers). The Cool VL Viewer simply rejects such anims and refuses to play them, as shown in the log:
Code:
WARNING: LLKeyframeMotion::deserialize: Bad number of constraints: 11
WARNING: LLKeyframeMotion::onInitialize: Failed to decode asset for animation clap:9b0c1c4e-8ac7-7969-1494-28c874c4f668
WARNING: LLVOAvatar::processSingleAnimationStateChange: Failed to start motion!

This is in no way a bug, but a voluntarily enforced limit, to avoid crashes with griefing anims. Simply do not use that /clap gesture... I'm pretty sure you can find free clap anims in SL and make a gesture out of one if absolutely needed.

2018-06-17 23:11:52
Profile WWW

ooh ok is a feature, but still is a bug, I enable debug console to see that error. I have an script it sync clap animation with my avatar (when someone make a clap my avatar clap too), and when this happens the viewer spam forever (until i logoff) in debug console that error and play infinte clap sound in the place.
most clap gestures have that "super-old" animation :?

2018-06-17 23:52:19

Just do not use this specific (and probably only affected, beside griefing ones) animation: it is bogus.

LL's code did not include any "stop request" for bogus anims that fail to start, so the server continues to flag the anim as playing on your avatar. I added the stop request for next release.

2018-06-18 07:57:58
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]