Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 21:17:51

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Anyone else having problems with Media (In SL movies) 

Is anyone else having problems with media like Lightning Video's movies? These utilize a remote that puts a URL into the land under media tab and sets it as a movie. I can play a movie on another viewer such as Catnzip but in Cool VL I get a popup
"The following Media plugin has failed:
streaming_plugin

Please re-install the plugin or contact the vendor if you contine to experience problems."

I know of the problem that LL created last December that broke media. I haven't tried it again with a current version of Cool until today (been using a old version when I needed to watch movies) I thought there would have been a fix by now? Or is it just me?

2018-11-19 22:11:22

RTFM !

You need to install gstreamer. This is explained in the FAQ (Linux/Windows Installation HOWTO) !

2018-11-19 22:22:00
Profile WWW

I had a feeling it was something simple I was missing. But in my defense I did run several searches on the forums before I posted. However, I didn't check the "windows how to" because I had read that years ago and I figured the search would have pulled it up if it was applicable. My mistake.

Hopefully now with this thread in the archive others will be prevented from making the same error as I did.

2018-11-20 03:01:51
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]