Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-19 18:13:28

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Can The Editor Font Size Be Adjusted? 

Hi,

I have a question regarding the fonts used in the notecard and script editors:

The editor used to edit notecards uses a font size which depends on the UI magnification setting - which is good. I like that. My "UI Size" is set at 1.05. Unfortunately the script editor window does not change its font size depending on the UI setting. The font used in the script editor is very small, at least for my eyes. ;)
I do a lot of scripting and most of the time I am cutting / pasting script code back and forth between the viewer and an external editor. But sometimes when you are debugging a script, this approach becomes cumbersome.

Is there any way to adjust the font size for the script editor? I am currently using the Windows Viewer 1.26.10.13 and I am getting ready to update to the current Windows version.

Thanks,
Wolfe

2014-05-19 20:02:16

The text in the note cards and scripts is not considered an UI-text and is therefore not affected by the UI size setting.

The note-card font is not really small... As for the script editor, it is indeed small (so to be able to see enough code in the script windows).

There is no runtime setting for it, but you can nevertheless change the script editor font size by editing manually the skins/default/xui/en-us/fonts.xml file.
At the end of the file, you will find that block:
Code:
  <font_size name="Monospace"
        comment="Size for monospaced font (points, or 1/72 of an inch)"
        size="9.0"
        />
Simply replace "9.0" with a larger number such as "10.0", "10.5" or "11.0" (at 11.0 and above, the risk is to see the line numbers "bleeding" into the script text area).

You could as well change the Monospace font for another, larger one (that has to be part of your system). To do this, edit this block:
Code:
  <font name="Monospace"
   comment="Name of monospace font">
    <file>profontwindows.ttf</file>
  </font>
and change profontwindows.ttf for another.

Be aware however that this file will be overwritten at each new update of the viewer (so just keep a copy of your custom file to restore it after updates).

2014-05-19 22:14:38
Profile WWW

Thanks Henri!

I changed the font name to "DejaVuSansMono.ttf" and the font size to 10 and readability improved dramatically! At 11 point, line numbers did not bleed over into the text area, but the right hand digit got "chopped off".

You wrote that...
Quote:
The text in the note cards and scripts is not considered an UI-text and is therefore not affected by the UI size setting.

As I said, the font size in the notecard editor does change when you change the UI size - and that was the initial reason why I asked about it. Notecard font adjusts with UI size, script editor font does not.

Anyway, thanks a lot for passing on this valuable information. And yes, I'll keep a copy of the file for updates. ;)

Wolfe

2014-05-20 00:45:45
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]