Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-29 14:57:31

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
CACHE 

Occasionally, my clothing or others clothing appear to have streamers coming away from the clothing, I was advised to clear the cache and relog BUT, in CoolVL could not find just a cache button. When looked in network preference were three cache procedures, one not marked with a 'x' was Clear Group Cache. The other two procedures had the 'x', Time sliced texture etc and fast texture cache. HELP, friends are saying just clear the cache BUT where do I locate ' Cache' or is it the clear group cache??? I am a little warey in case I get rid of something that would be needed ??
Thank you, in advance, for your help and assistance.
Regards.

2014-07-29 07:27:38

The advanced cache options are not what you are seeking for. The "Clear cache" feature is in the Preferences panel ("Network & Web" tab, "Clear disk cache" button).

Note however that clearing the cache is probably not a solution to your issue: it's probably a problem with mesh LODs (levels of details) not getting entirely (or getting only slowly) downloaded.
You can see the state of the mesh queue by enabling the "Advanced" -> "HUD Info" -> "Show Mesh Queue" feature (the mesh queue state will then appear while the queue is not empty at the bottom right of the screen). If the mesh queue stays stuck for a long time before resuming, it's usually the sign of network packets loss or a bad mesh server state ("lag"), which would appear in the form of warnings about failed/retried downloads in the viewer log ("Advanced" -> "Consoles" -> "Debug Console"); this could be due to either a problem on LL's side (a common problem on peak hours and/or in very crowded sims), or on your side, or on the route between your computer and LL's servers.
To speed up LOD data download, you can also do a quick zoom-out/zoom-in action (with the mouse wheel, for example): this will force a LOD change and will retry failed LOD downloads faster.

2014-07-29 08:22:32
Profile WWW

To Henri Beauchamp,
Thank you for your reply, I will check all the points you mentioned.
I do find Cool VL Viewer a great viewer, thanks Henri.

2014-07-29 12:43:05
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]