Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 10:36:00

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Broken links no more showing? 

Not sure if I missed something there, I think I'm getting a behaviour that is not the one I got before: if I'm creating an inventory link to anything, then delete the original item and empty the trash, the link also completely disappears. Is this the intended behaviour? I'm almost sure the link showed as broken in previous versions - using v1.26.12(9) on the Mac here. I just got caught by this: I emptied my trash, knowing there were a few obsolete items that were linked in some outfits and intending to review the outfits to replace the items by a newer version I had done, but I can no more see what's missing since the links have disappeared too… If that's the intended behaviour, this looks like a very bad idea to me… Or is there an option to display broken links? My settings got wiped out when I installed the latest version, but I don't think I ever had to check any option for broken links to appear…

2014-08-04 12:26:31

Links to items purged from the trash are now automatically removed to avoid having broken links cluttering the inventory. It's been implemented a while ago, together with some inventory-related cleanup routines (most of them backported from LL's v3 viewer) and the AIS v3 API (which includes auto-cleanup for broken links, so old broken links may get wiped out of a folder that just got updated via AISv3).

So, it's the normal and expected behaviour when AIS v3 is enabled.

You may display all links (including broken ones) by typing "link)" in the filter input line of the inventory panel (or "(link)" for non-broken links only, or "(broken link)" for broken links only). Note that this is an exception to the filtering rule since normally, and to avoid too much clutter in search results, links are not displayed among filtered items (the exception works as follow: if a filter contains "link", then display links as well).

2014-08-04 13:13:57
Profile WWW

OK. Well, I still don't like it, I wish I had a choice… When I see a broken link in an outfit, I know that something is missing, so I can find it back and replace the link. Now I just don't have a clue… :( I guess I'll have to remember that and be very careful, then…

2014-08-04 13:44:44

ErikaThorkveld wrote:
OK. Well, I still don't like it, I wish I had a choice… When I see a broken link in an outfit, I know that something is missing, so I can find it back and replace the link. Now I just don't have a clue… :( I guess I'll have to remember that and be very careful, then…
Complain to LL... It's part of the AIS v3 changes and is done server-side (so the viewer can't do a thing to preserve the broken links when using AIS v3). The Cool VL Viewer at least gives you the choice between enabling AIS v3 or not (toggle in Advanced -> Network).

2014-08-04 18:26:14
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
The Cool VL Viewer at least gives you the choice between enabling AIS v3 or not (toggle in Advanced -> Network).

Yessssss! And my broken links reappeared! Thank you, Henri, you're just the best! :D

2014-08-04 18:55:32
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]