Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 22:57:58

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
XUI help Porting singularity's convenient toolbar 

Singularity has 3 a /very/ convenient tabs that sit on top the toolbar that i use every day.
The environment settings/Draw distance.
The media/sound settings
Voice toggle
CoolVL doesn't have these and I have no idea how to integrate them. Comparing their XUI.xml hasn't shed light on how the skinning system really works and what goes were.
I'd like a little help just doing it myself, or this to be come a feature request!

Also to add some of singularity's new preference settings such as perm defaults for new scripts.

2014-11-27 17:49:33

The draw distance is in the camera controls floater.

The voice, media and streaming music controls appear above the tool bar, but only when voice/media/audio are enabled in the viewer (see the Preferences, "Audio & Media" tab) *and* when they are enabled on the current parcel (i.e. they only appear when you actually need them). The master volume control may also be made to appear always (and not only when either voice, media or music are available) by un-checking the corresponding setting: "Preferences" -> "Cool features" -> "User Interface" -> "Hide the master remote volume control when useless".

The default permissions for the various assets (not only scripts) are available in "Files" -> "Set default permissions"

I don't intend to change any of these.

2014-11-27 18:29:42
Profile WWW

fine, but how about a envro controls!???
Dont want to go into ffff unorganized prefs to adjust avatars fully rendered, and draw distance, and wind-light, and all that fun stuff.

2014-11-28 09:54:19

FenirStardust wrote:
fine, but how about a envro controls!???
Dont want to go into ffff unorganized prefs to adjust avatars fully rendered, and draw distance, and wind-light, and all that fun stuff.
What's "envro" ? What's "ffff" ?... Please, use understandable terms !!!

I already replied about the draw distance (see my previous message).

I don't see what you mean by "adjust avatars fully rendered"... Avatars are either fully rendered or visually muted (use the (un-)mute feature for the latter: it's in the pie menu). Period. No need for any setting...

Windlight is not something I'm using (in fact, I set the sun position to midday, always... I personally find Windlight a useless feature), so I'd even less consider wasting precious screen estate for adding settings related to it in the toolbar !

Please, remember that the Cool VL Viewer is just my view of what a viewer shall be, for my personal use and purposes. I'm publishing it for other, like-minded people to enjoy it, but if you are not like-minded, you'll probably want to switch to another viewer which will be more suited for your own needs.

You can of course make suggestions about improvements, but if I don't deem your suggestions as interesting or useful for me (i.e. for my own use), don't expect me to implement them.

2014-11-28 12:53:00
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]