Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-29 13:57:29

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Media automatically playing even when... 

Has anyone else been having a problem in 1.26.13.12 where you have the Automatically Play Media unchecked but it still plays it anyways, and the Stop button on the Media Hud is dulled out and won't work ? Am I doing something wrong, have the wrong things checked ?

2015-05-22 04:24:17

Not seeing this happening here... Do you mean parcel media, or shared media (AKA media on a prim) ?... The auto-play feature only affects parcel media; shared media get automatically loaded when the shared media feature is enabled, based only on the configured restrictions (i.e. play or don't play media attached to others, on the current parcel or on other parcels) and media filter permissions, and are unaffected by the play/pause/stop buttons of the parcel media controls. You can easily differentiate the various media via the Nearby media floater ("View" -> "Nearby Media" or a click on the shared media button, when present in the tool bar, i.e. when shared media are loaded).

Note also that the media code has not been changed in many months, so the latest releases won't be affected differently as this year's older releases.

Finally, please provide the log as well as a location were the problematic media can be encountered (else I won't be able to reproduce your issue, if there's one).

2015-05-22 08:24:13
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]