Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-19 21:29:39

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Question about VMM in the Cool VL Viewer 

***I just saw in the Bug area of the Forum a thread that is reporting the same thing that I am here. Viewer not usable after migration to VMM. My apologies for not seeing it earlier.***

Hi Henri,
I've updated to the most recent Cool VL Viewer. I am seeing a couple of messages when I log into the viewer that I do not see when I log into the LL VMM viewer. I was wondering what they are and if I should be concerned about them. I am asking here in this part of the forums because I don't think they are bugs. They seem to be messages that I just don't understand.

1. Upon logging in, my Marketplace Folder only sometimes says "Active" next to it. Other times, it says "fetch failed". It's random. When it says "Active" all the listings are bolded and active; when it says "fetch failed", none are bolded or active. When I switch back to the LL viewer, they are all there and active. Should I be concerned about "fetch failed" or just relog?

2. I have received the following message twice now within 20 seconds of logging in. I am in the process of rezzing, haven't touched anything in the viewer, have not purchased anything on the MP. Each time, my viewer has frozen completely and gives me this message:
"The transaction with the Marketplace failed with the following error: Reason: 'STATUS EXPIRED'"
Again, what does that mean, and I should I be concerned? It doesn't happen on the LL viewer.

If I am doing something wrong, please let me know so I can correct it.
Thanks very much.

2015-08-05 19:30:24

Unlike LL's viewer, which only attempts a connection to the marketplace when you open its dedicated marketplace floater, the Cool VL Viewer connects upon login. I have been personally using the marketplace enabled Cool VL Viewer for months and never had a single issue with marketplace connections, so I saw no reason for proceeding otherwise.

In the last release (v1.26.14.2), and since one user with a huge marketplace folder (2000 items) had an issue, I changed the login process to only occur once the viewer is fully logged in, and, in case of a failure, to attempt relog to the marketplace only when you open the inventory floater. For the upcoming release, I added yet another setting, so that people with very large marketplace folders (I adopted an arbitrary limit of 200 items, but this is configurable) won't get automatically logged in (instead, you'll be able to log into the marketplace on demand, via a new entry in the context menu of the marketplace folder). I also fixed crash-bugs in LL's marketplace code for that upcoming release (there were missing checks for NULL pointers that could cause crashes in case you attempt to change a marketplace item which is loading).

Note that whether the marketplace connection succeeds or not is not an issue as long as you do not need to deal with marketplace items (i.e. as long as you don't need to change items or (de)activate products in your marketplace shop): in particular, it doesn't change the availability of your items in the marketplace itself.

If you encounter issues other than simple connection failures (which, again, I never encountered myself, but my network is perhaps simply more reliable than yours), please post a proper bug report, following the bug reporting rules.

2015-08-05 23:37:45
Profile WWW

hi henri and a simple question, i'm making a kind of tutorial for people who have old win OS and old mac OS who cannot load official sl viewer, i tried cool vl and so far works fine, added stuff , not any major pb, added with the inventory, and made listing on my web MP , my question is just about associate listings maybe i d'ont find the way to use it but seems inactive http://gyazo.com/887514844390fc5e1baacd83e30d3cf7
any clue ?
thanks by advance !

2015-08-07 11:01:22
Profile WWW

nomadezhao wrote:
hi henri and a simple question, i'm making a kind of tutorial for people who have old win OS and old mac OS who cannot load official sl viewer, i tried cool vl and so far works fine, added stuff , not any major pb, added with the inventory, and made listing on my web MP , my question is just about associate listings maybe i d'ont find the way to use it but seems inactive http://gyazo.com/887514844390fc5e1baacd83e30d3cf7
any clue ?
thanks by advance !
You need to "List" the listing once created or associated. Just right click and choose "List". Folders with a listing number between parenthesis have already been associated and are ready to be listed this way.

2015-08-07 14:15:05
Profile WWW

You need to "List" the listing once created or associated. Just right click and choose "List". Folders with a listing number between parenthesis have already been associated and are ready to be listed this way.

hi and ? i'm a little lost ^^ i resume : my mp migrated , np , i added to test a new product with Cool Vl np too, then i edited it, it opens the MP page, i wrote all the blablabla needed, np again , then i list it from cool VL and np again, the new one appears on my shop, they all have the "number" i see it on the inventory, so it means that all is done and so i don"t have to try to associate listing ? and ti is the reason i cannot click it on the inventory option for it ?
thanks by advance

2015-08-08 08:54:08
Profile WWW

nomadezhao wrote:
i added to test a new product with Cool Vl np too, then i edited it, it opens the MP page, i wrote all the blablabla needed, np again , then i list it from cool VL and np again, the new one appears on my shop, they all have the "number" i see it on the inventory, so it means that all is done and so i don"t have to try to associate listing ? and ti is the reason i cannot click it on the inventory option for it ?
thanks by advance
Listings that have been created from within the viewer do not need to be associated (association is automatically performed upon listing creation). Association is only useful to link an unassociated specific product folder with an old listing that already existed on the Marketplace web site (this is what you had to do if you migrated manually). Please, read LL's Marketplace tutorial.

2015-08-08 09:57:44
Profile WWW

https://gyazo.com/183457823185245417c5ee7eaea879b4
with the new one .3
any clue ? thanks by advance,
.2 and previous np
xp2 pro here

Last edited by nomadezhao on 2015-08-08 12:11:49, edited 1 time in total.

2015-08-08 12:03:54
Profile WWW

nomadezhao wrote:
https://gyazo.com/183457823185245417c5ee7eaea879b4
with the new one .3
any clue ?
No clue. The installer works just fine here (tested on several Windows setups, from Windows 7 64 bits down to Windows XP 32 bits), and is no different than for last versions... Must be something wrong on your system.

2015-08-08 12:11:48
Profile WWW

xp2 pro here i try a complete reboot , maybe a computeur lack of something ^^

2015-08-08 12:15:42
Profile WWW

nomadezhao wrote:
xp2 pro here i try a complete reboot , maybe a computeur lack of something ^^
XP2 is NOT supported neither adequate for running ANY viewer. Windows XP3 is the absolute minimum. Please, see the requirements chapter on the web site !

2015-08-08 12:18:30
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next