Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 20:07:50

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
error message: "unable to connect to the grid (done)" 

i'm using v1.26.22 since v1.26.24 doesn't seem to work for my pc. i haven't seen this error message until today, there's no reported grid problems and i can access the grid through singularity viewer. i'm accustomed to cool vl viewer now though, and i'd like to keep using it. i'm on an old windows 7 pc. any help would be appreciated, thank you.

2020-02-21 04:08:17

Not really a viewer bug...

The grid login authentication parameters changed (without even a forewarning from LL's part: I discovered about them by pure luck), and this broke login for most old viewers (those which did care for actually checking the login parameters, which was the Cool VL Viewer's case; some others will crash, and a few might ignore them and subsequently manage to log in nevertheless, or just don't quite crash, by pure luck).

The Cool VL Viewer v1.26.22 is deprecated, not supported, and will not be able to connect to the SL grids any more. Please use v1.26.24.2 or newer (any older version will fail to login in SL).

Please direct any complaint for breaking old viewers login to LL, since I cannot do anything about it on my side. Note that LL could make the login compatible again with old viewers by just returning the new parameters when the viewer requests them on login (meaning viewers that do not know about them won't request them and won't get them, getting instead the old, compatible set of parameters).

2020-02-21 08:02:22
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]