Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 16:11:02

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
SHIFT-ESCAPE not working for me 

Just started using Cool VL Viewer again and updated to the latest version. First thing I noticed was that SHIFT-ESC from my keyboard does not reset the camera view but the associated Menu item View / Reset View does. I'm running Windows 10, 64-bit. Both my Shift & Escape keys work properly everywhere else.

2015-08-12 06:32:52

Obviously, your system is intercepting SHIFT ESC for its own usage. I don't know Windows 10 well enough, but it is possible that this key combination is reserved for some specific usage under Windows 10 (or of some program you installed and is running in the background). The question being: can you override that setting in Windows 10 ?... and I don't have the answer.

2015-08-12 08:59:56
Profile WWW

Well a net search found the culprit. It's a common driver & app setup on Intel systems that loads Intel Management and Security (part of Intel's Small Business stuff). Anyway, not that I really wanted to do it but I disabled the Intel app/driver thingy and SHIFT+Escape again works in Cool VL Viewer. That sequence is also apparently the equivalent on many Windows systems of pressing the SysRq key (System Request) whatever the heck that does.

2015-08-15 01:45:46
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]