Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-19 06:35:13

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
HELP! 

is there a way to make the inventory and outfits tab separate? Having my outfits in my inventory just feels weird after being with firestorm for so long...

Also, when i right click an item that is eqquipped there is no 'Edit' option. It's difficult when there is a piece of clothing that is small and you have to struggle to find it.

One last thing, I can't share transferable items either. When I right click on them, I can't see a share option. If I am missing something, can someone please tell me? I've tried to figure it out. I switched over from firestorm because it was really heavy on my PC and Cool VL viewer is rather confusing to get used to. thanks for reading!! :?

2016-01-09 15:44:21

fearo wrote:
is there a way to make the inventory and outfits tab separate?
No. There is just the inventory, in which any folder can be used to store an "outfit" (i.e. wearable items), and from which you can wear any additional item fancying you, wherever they are located in your inventory. You might even have noticed that the "Outfits" folder is considered a non-system folder by the Cool VL Viewer, just like any other user-created folder (you may even delete the Outfits folder): that's because there was no such folder in v1 viewers and all long-term SLers already had their outfits stored elsewhere (in my inventory, I got an "Avatars" folder for such a purpose since, more than simple outfits, it stores full avatar setups, with different bodies/body parts for each).

There is however a "Worn" tab, in which you can find all items currently worn on your avatar, wherever they are located in your inventory.

Quote:
Having my outfits in my inventory just feels weird after being with firestorm for so long...
Having anything separated from the inventory feels equally weird for long-term SLers used to the v1 UI viewers... Your only alternative is to adapt, or go back to a v3-UI viewer, because such a fundamental UI ensemble as the inventory will *never ever* be changed in the Cool VL Viewer to the v2+ viewer's look and feel...

Quote:
Also, when i right click an item that is eqquipped there is no 'Edit' option. It's difficult when there is a piece of clothing that is small and you have to struggle to find it.
Not sure what you are speaking about, here... Still about the inventory ? If so, then the "Edit" option has always been there (in the context menu that pops-up on right clicks) for worn "wearables" (body parts and clothing items).
Such an "Edit" option was also added in this morning's releases for the worn attachments (i.e. objects attached on one of your avatar's joints); however, for attachments, the "normal v1 UI way" to edit them is simply to right click on the object itself (i.e. in-world, *not* in the inventory) and choose "Edit" from the pie menu: this is faster since you don't even need to open the inventory floater and can edit attached objects in just two clicks of the mouse !

If you mean editing your avatar's wearables as a whole, simply right-click on your avatar and choose "Appearance" from the pie menu (or use the main menu: "Edit" -> "Appearance..."): all *wearables* (not attachments) can be edited from there.

Quote:
One last thing, I can't share transferable items either. When I right click on them, I can't see a share option.
There never was such an option in v1 viewers, because it's totally unneeded... Just drag the items from your inventory onto the recipient avatar, or open the profile of the latter (e.g. from your friends list, the search tab for people, or via the name links in chat and IM floaters, which open the profile when clicked), then drag and drop the items from your inventory to the "Give" drop zone, at the bottom of the profile floater; you may even have several profiles open and drag and drop inventory items into their "Give" drop zone to "share with" several different avatars: faster and easier than with v2+ UI viewers...

Quote:
If I am missing something, can someone please tell me? I've tried to figure it out. I switched over from firestorm because it was really heavy on my PC and Cool VL viewer is rather confusing to get used to. thanks for reading!! :?
Again, the Cool VL Viewer is a genuine v1-UI viewer: things work differently than with v2+ viewers, but they work with less clicks, less fuss (i.e. you get a better productivity with the v1 UI), less memory and CPU usage, thus why the Cool VL Viewer is less "heavy" on your PC.

2016-01-09 18:42:15
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Such an "Edit" option was also added in this morning's releases for the worn attachments (i.e. objects attached on one of your avatar's joints);

Thanks for that! :D
Henri Beauchamp wrote:
however, for attachments, the "normal v1 UI way" to edit them is simply to right click on the object itself (i.e. in-world, *not* in the inventory) and choose "Edit" from the pie menu: this is faster since you don't even need to open the inventory floater and can edit attached objects in just two clicks of the mouse !

I tend to agree with that, except sometimes, there are tiny attachments - think jewellery for example - that may end up completely inside your avatar. Some are even this way from the very beginning, because they were adjusted by the creator to suit their own av, which might be very different from yours. So the attachment is completely invisible and you have to move your cam inside you only to see it to be able to right click on it. Having an 'edit' menu item from the inventory is quite handy in this case. I think that's what fearo was talking about.

2016-01-09 20:25:25

[/quote]
I tend to agree with that, except sometimes, there are tiny attachments - think jewellery for example - that may end up completely inside your avatar. Some are even this way from the very beginning, because they were adjusted by the creator to suit their own av, which might be very different from yours. So the attachment is completely invisible and you have to move your cam inside you only to see it to be able to right click on it. Having an 'edit' menu item from the inventory is quite handy in this case. I think that's what fearo was talking about.[/quote]

Yes, this is exactly what I meant!

Also, thank you for the replies, I'm getting the hang of the new viewer a bit better now that I know the ways around these obstacles I'd been having issues with.

2016-01-10 00:29:33

BUMP

2016-01-10 08:55:43

How do you take an in-world screenshot and upload it to your profile?

2016-01-10 08:56:15

fearo wrote:
There are two options:
  • v1 UI way: take the screenshot in-world, saving to your inventory, then open your own profile (right ckick on your Av and click "Profile" in the pie menu, or use the main menu: "Edit" ->"Profile..."), then click on your profile picture to select the screenshot you just created (both the 2nd and 1st Life tabs got a picture you can change this way).
  • v2+ way: take the screen shot and save to your hard disk. Open your profile (see above), select the "Web" tab, then open your "SL web profile" (button on the top right, either in the tab itself, or in a web browser (internal or external), choosing the corresponding option from the fly-out button (clicking on the down arrow key on of the "SL web profile" button to get those options). You'll probably need to log in in the loaded web page in order to "Edit" your profile from there, where you can pick up a picture from your hard drive for either (or both) of the 2nd Life or 1st Life pictures. Please, make sure to use the QtWebkit plugin of the viewer if you do that from the Web tab or internal browser, because the file selection doesn't yet work with the experimental CEF3 plugin EDIT: fixed in today's (2016-01-16) releases.

2016-01-10 10:46:08
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
fearo wrote:
There are two options:
  • v1 UI way: take the screenshot in-world, saving to your inventory, then open your own profile (right ckick on your Av and click "Profile" in the pie menu, or use the main menu: "Edit" ->"Profile..."), then click on your profile picture to select the screenshot you just created (both the 2nd and 1st Life tabs got a picture you can change this way).
  • v2+ way: take the screen shot and save to your hard disk. Open your profile (see above), select the "Web" tab, then open your "SL web profile" (button on the top right, either in the tab itself, or in a web browser (internal or external), choosing the corresponding option from the fly-out button (clicking on the down arrow key on of the "SL web profile" button to get those options). You'll probably need to log in in the loaded web page in order to "Edit" your profile from there, where you can pick up a picture from your hard drive for either (or both) of the 2nd Life or 1st Life pictures. Please, make sure to use the QtWebkit plugin of the viewer if you do that from the Web tab or internal browser, because the file selection doesn't yet work with the experimental CEF3 plugin. To select QtWebkit (which is the default web plugin), use the "Advanced" menu, User Interface sub-menu and uncheck "Use the CEF3 web plugin" before opening your profile.

Thank you so much for the useful information, I'll be needing it for when I decide to change my profile picture. Though I was referring to how to upload pictures to your SL FEED. Where you can see someones screenshots taken in world on their profile feed.

2016-01-10 12:39:26

2016-01-10 12:43:14

fearo wrote:
Thank you so much for the useful information, I'll be needing it for when I decide to change my profile picture. Though I was referring to how to upload pictures to your SL FEED. Where you can see someones screenshots taken in world on their profile feed.

The Cool VL Viewer does not (and will never) implement any such thing as "social media" support.
I'm strongly and personally against such so-called "social media" features that are, in fact, just a way for companies to violate your privacy by gathering information that you would never share with your neighbour in real life, but that *you* (not me !) "innocently" (i.e. as innocently as a small kid would) expose to their greediness, "willingly" feeding their data base and search engines for any stranger to gather that private data later on (and possibly use it against you).
So, anything "Facebook", "Twitter" and "feeds" related is banned from my viewer. You may, perhaps, use the web profile to share with your "feeds" (dunno, I never tried it: feeds are *off* for my avatar and will stay that way), but it will never be part of the viewer's built-in features.
Sorry (and you can call me paranoid or an old fart if you wish: I'm proud of being both) !

2016-01-10 13:32:46
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]