Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-19 07:11:09

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Radar Focus/Zoom in inoperative 

Greetings. Trying the latest version out, and it performs very well indeed.

However, radar will not 'focus' on surrounding avatars, even though they highlight in the radar menu when focus button is clicked. I have looked at prefs and top bar menus for over an hour and can find nothing to explain why radar menu focus will not zoom in on an avatar nearby? It works on all other viewers just fine, so it is nothing to do with the sim, etc.

2016-05-15 02:26:07

Radar focus is working just fine for me... o.o

2016-05-15 08:31:09
Profile WWW

I am very happy for you. However...that was not what I asked.

The fact is every other third party viewer I use can zoom in and focus....and do so easily.....except cool vl viewer. Also, other viewers are more intuitive in as much as you can often simply zoom in/focus from the mini map....a highly useful feature totally missing in cool VL. Clearly, the radar focus function in the latest version I downloaded a couple of days ago is not working, unless there is some unintuitive procedure I am not familiar with that needs to be done before pressing the focus button? Do some camera functions need to be enabled or something, or should this viewer zoom/focus work straight out of the box? If you, the dev of this viewer are unable to answer that, it is quite clear I am not going to find the answer here.

2016-05-15 22:09:28

T-Bone wrote:
I am very happy for you. However...that was not what I asked.

The fact is every other third party viewer I use can zoom in and focus....and do so easily.....except cool vl viewer.

You are apparently the only person with this problem (no one else ever reported an issue in 8 years or so that the radar has been implemented)...

Of course, only the rezzed avatars can be focused (but the focus button is greyed out when they are not) and the avatar must not be in a different parcel with the "no see" flag set (and your own parcel must not be "no see" to be able to focus/see avatars in another parcel)...
Sometimes, there are also glitches with the sim servers not sending the right avatar position (these avatars appear with an altitude of 0): it's however not a viewer issue (this bug is known to LL and was indeed identified as a server "interest list" bug).
Sometimes you might also need to hit the Focus button twice for accurate focusing, because the avatar has moved, or its position was only the coarse position sent by default by the neighbouring sims as long as your camera is not pointing into them (the exact position is then sent after the first focus action and used by the second one).

Quote:
Also, other viewers are more intuitive in as much as you can often simply zoom in/focus from the mini map....a highly useful feature totally missing in cool VL.

If you do not like the Cool VL Viewer, please feel free to use any other viewer fancying you !

The Cool VL Viewer was created for myself (because I could not accept the disastrous UI changes and the bugs in LL's viewer). I'm sharing it for like-minded people to enjoy it. People who are not like-minded most probably dislike some features in it (or absence thereof), but it's of no concern whatsoever to me...

Quote:
Clearly, the radar focus function in the latest version I downloaded a couple of days ago is not working, unless there is some unintuitive procedure I am not familiar with that needs to be done before pressing the focus button? Do some camera functions need to be enabled or something, or should this viewer zoom/focus work straight out of the box? If you, the dev of this viewer are unable to answer that, it is quite clear I am not going to find the answer here.

Clearly, you are not providing any useful info for me to identify the root of your issue. If you think there is a bug, please fill-in a proper bug report, providing the required info (in this case, exact reproduction steps would be needed, i.e. listing each and every action you do, and where (sim/parcel) and in which context (avatars in parcel or out, in region or out ? Draw distance ?). Please follow the bug report forum rules.

2016-05-15 23:47:08
Profile WWW

Radar focus function is working fine :D
(My cool vl viewer is latest Windows version)

2016-05-16 11:02:24
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]