Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-20 05:31:12

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Media On A Prim 

I've been having problems with Media On A Prim starting automatically and the only way I can stop it is to go into go into Media settings in Preferences and uncheck Play Media when Available, or Play Shared Media. I can recheck them after and it doesn't restart again. It's also bypassing the audio controls. If I mute Media, or even Master, it makes no difference, I still hear it. This has happened on both Second Life and OpenSim grids.

Attachments:
CoolVLViewer.zip [17.14 KiB]
Downloaded 134 times
2016-09-29 15:22:07

Your description is quite vague and the log does not even show a shared media (movie, music) playing short of web sites (which may contain embedded HTML5 or Flash media, that will indeed start playing: this is the expected behaviour if you checked all three "Play media when available", "Play shared media" and any of the three sub-options for the latter !).

Note also that the viewer *cannot* intercept the sound and mute settings for media embedded in a web page played as a shared media (especially Flash ones): you must use your system sound mixer to catch those...

So, I do not see anything wrong here...

2016-09-29 17:29:58
Profile WWW

The media that started playing is on line 968,969 and 980 of the log. It's a youtube video, so I'll uncheck Play Media When Available. That makes sense actually. I didn't know about the viewer not being able to intercept sound from a webpage.

Thanks Henri.

2016-09-29 23:32:06
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]