Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-19 09:11:40

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Export and import tool 

I have just installed coolviewer, after some disappointment in using the Greenlife Emerald export/import tool and the inability of Meerkat to even startup on my computer.

Apparently the export function is handled like in Emerald, right-click, find 'export' in the pie menu and click that option..
But when I select this nothing happens... There is no feedback whatsoever, so I can only assume it failed?

Am I doing something wrong here or am I experiencing some sort of bug?

2009-12-03 12:45:18

havent really used it yet, but as far as i understand CV only lets you export items that you are creator of... maybe it doesnt tell you "you cant do this" when it doesnt want to export?

2009-12-03 14:15:18
Profile YIM WWW

Wanda wrote:
I have just installed coolviewer, after some disappointment in using the Greenlife Emerald export/import tool and the inability of Meerkat to even startup on my computer.

Apparently the export function is handled like in Emerald, right-click, find 'export' in the pie menu and click that option..
But when I select this nothing happens... There is no feedback whatsoever, so I can only assume it failed?

Am I doing something wrong here or am I experiencing some sort of bug?
You can only export items that:
    1.- Belong to you.
    2.- You created yourself or have full permissions (modify-ok, copy-ok, transfer-ok) onto.

When the export fails because one of the above conditions is not met, you are indeed not warned. However, a successful export leads to a file selector opening and then to the export floater appearing while stuff is fetched and saved.

2009-12-03 15:27:08
Profile WWW

The item I tested the exporter on is one that I am 100% creator to, for any prim. I have full permissions to it.
No file selector ever opened. It simply gave no feedback of any sorts whatsoever and I am puzzled what might be the case here.

2009-12-03 21:39:20

Of course, you are not using an alt to try and save this object ?
Also, you don't have RestrainedLife enabled with restrained touch active ?

If the replies to the above questions are "no", then please give more details (see the bug report forum rules for what is needed), but the export feature works just fine for me and apparently for everyone else but you... Is it failing only on one particular object or on any ? Permissions on a object you created may also be affected by what you put in that object (no-mod script, for example).

2009-12-03 22:10:54
Profile WWW

I didn't enable restrainedlife. Actually I only installed the viewer yesterday and did nothing else with it yet than try to export a few items I created myself. The latest try, a plain 0,5x0,5x0,5m default cube I had rezzed for the purpose did the same. One interesting thing struck me: trying to open the 'import' function from the top bar menu didn't open a dialog for me either.

2009-12-03 22:32:49

Wanda wrote:
I didn't enable restrainedlife. Actually I only installed the viewer yesterday and did nothing else with it yet than try to export a few items I created myself. The latest try, a plain 0,5x0,5x0,5m default cube I had rezzed for the purpose did the same. One interesting thing struck me: trying to open the 'import' function from the top bar menu didn't open a dialog for me either.

Please, provide the info necessary to diagnose the problem: see this post for details. If you don't get any file input dialog, my guess would be a default save/load directory which does not have the proper access permissions set.

2009-12-04 01:46:39
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]