Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 14:33:40

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Damani TV / media viewer problem 

If you try using a Damani TV, you get a message to the effect that you have purchased an illegal copy of the Damani and the TV is then locked out so you can't use it.

The exact same TV works in: Kokua, Singularity, Alchemy & Firestorm with no problems.

Steps to reproduce: Go to the Damani MediaViewer Standard Demo Area and try the demo TV. [secondlife://Damania/184/108/38]

It's a pain because that particular make of TV is quite popular.

2016-11-29 13:57:29

I suggest that you report the issue to the scripted object creator. It's in no way a viewer bug, but a failure from their script to detect the Cool VL Viewer (they probably 'sniff' the "user agent" string for the embedded browser and do not recognize the version returned by the Cool VL Viewer CEF3 plugin).

2016-11-29 14:10:28
Profile WWW

Well I admire your principles Henri but ..

I really doubt Damani have added sniffer strings for all of the listed viewers that work. It seems far more likely that other viewers just return the standard SL Viewer user agent string for media so they "just work".

Sure it's not technically a bug, you're coding as things should (in a perfect world) be. But on the other hand, if it breaks content that other viewers don't have a problem with, maybe it's an irregularity rather than a bug?

Is there any way to add an option at compile time to return a standard User Agent string perhaps? Then it would be up to individual compilers which option they took, and you could rest easy knowing the default option is to do it the Cool VL way.

Just a thought :)

2016-11-29 15:52:31

This is not a viewer bug. Period.

I'm not responsible for bad coding practices from scripters. If they want their products to be usable, they must not use hard-coded checks that would make them incompatible with this or that viewer (or viewer version: remember that CEF3 replaced QtWebKit, and could get replaced again in the future).

This (non-)issue is closed as far as I am concerned.

2016-11-29 15:55:05
Profile WWW

Touch events using simple left click do not appear to send the correct location of click information to the object being clicked.

To reproduce:
Go to Damani and find the Media Player section.
Try using simple left click to navigate the menus to play a youtube video.
You will be locked out by the viewer.

Go to a different media player in the same area.
Using Right click -> Pie Menu -> Touch, navigate the menus to play a youtube video.
It now works fine.

Right Click -> Pie Menu -> Touch appears to send the correct touch location to the object.

2017-03-01 13:15:16

Please, provide full information (logs, and copy/pasted text of the viewer "About" window). Also, provide a proper SLURL, or sim/position, objects names, etc (I have no idea what that "Damani" thingy is)...

2017-03-01 14:16:00
Profile WWW

The Damani media viewers can be found here:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/D ... 184/108/37

Viewer information is here:
Code:
Cool VL Viewer v1.26.20.10, 64 bits, Mar  1 2017 01:51:51
RestrainedLove viewer v2.09.21.21
Release Notes

You are at 242103.9, 251755.9, 36.9  in Damania located at
sim10361.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.51.11:13021)
Second Life Server 17.01.27.323172
Release Notes

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor (3600 MHz)
Memory: 16032MB
OS version: Linux-x86_64 v4.9.6-gentoo-r1 #3 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 23 03:10:43 GMT 2017
Memory manager: OS native
Graphics card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 375.26
Detected VRAM: 2048MB
J2C decoder: OpenJPEG: 1.4.0.635d
Audio driver: FMOD Ex v4.44.64 (ALSA)
Networking backend: libcurl/7.47.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1i zlib/1.2.8
Embedded browser: CEF3 plugin v1.5.3c-(CEF-LIN-3.2526.1371-64)
Packets lost: 50/5531 (0.9%)

Built with: GCC v4.9.4

Compile flags used for this build:
-O3 -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -fno-align-labels -fno-align-loops -fno-ipa-cp-clone -fsched-pressure -frename-registers -fweb -DNDEBUG -march=native -mtune=native -std=c++11 -pipe -g -gdwarf-2 -gstrict-dwarf -fno-var-tracking-assignments -fexceptions -fno-strict-aliasing -fvisibility=hidden -fsigned-char -m64 -mfpmath=sse -fno-math-errno -fno-trapping-math -pthread -fno-stack-protector -Wall -Wno-reorder -Wno-unused-local-typedefs -DLL_LINUX=1 -D_REENTRANT -DXML_STATIC -DLL_ELFBIN=1 -DLL_LUA=1 -DOV_EXCLUDE_STATIC_CALLBACKS -DLL_FMODEX=1 -DLL_OPENAL=1 -DLL_SDL=1 -DLIB_NDOF=1 -DLL_X11=1

We already discussed the Damani Media viewer problem here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1692 where you assumed the problem was that the object incorrectly dealt with the viewer agent string. That isn't the problem. The device works fine when using "Right click -> Pie menu -> Touch" (when the right click is in the location where you want to send the click).

Note: It is just a guess that it's the location information not being correctly sent by a simple left click, but obviously the results of a "simple left click" vs. "right click -> pie menu -> touch" .. send different information to the scripts within prims. The pie menu version being the click event information that all other viewers that I know about send by default with a simple left click.

I can't see the point of sending a log since the error is obviously how the click event is sent and should be easily reproducible.

2017-03-01 14:52:49

Mogsington wrote:
The Damani media viewers can be found here:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/D ... 184/108/37

We already discussed the Damani Media viewer problem here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1692 where you assumed the problem was that the object incorrectly dealt with the viewer agent string. That isn't the problem. The device works fine when using "Right click -> Pie menu -> Touch" (when the right click is in the location where you want to send the click).
And I already replied that I won't "debug" the viewer, because there was no bug in it in the first place !

This device is buggy/badly designed. Forget it, or report the issue to its maker.

It is the normal and expected behaviour that faces bearing a media get all their left-click actions passed to the media plugin, and not to the object (and its script) itself !
And yes, it is also normal that right clicks, being used for the pie menu, are not passed, and that the "Touch" action in that pie menu keeps transmitting the touch to the right-clicked *object* (here, it's not a click on a media, but a touch on an object).

Keep in mind that the Cool VL Viewer is not using the same UI as v2+ viewers and those viewers which adopted v2's UI code (SIngularity, for instance): my viewer kept, on purpose, the same UI code (debugged, expanded and improved, but still with the same working logic) as the v1 viewer it was forked from. I do not intend to change this part of the viewer code (which is deeply intricated with its inner working). The touch routines are also different (there are two kind of "touches" for in-world objects, one "sync" and one "async", the latter requiring data to be sent by the server whenever that data about the touched object is not already present and cached in the viewer memory). The Cool VL Viewer uses async touches a lot, while v2 viewers use sync touch (relying on possibly outdated information).

My understanding of the "problem", here, is that the other viewers cache the "non-media" state of the object when it is rezzed (normal: media data is sent later) and therefore still pass touches to its scripts instead of passing it to the media plugin. The Cool VL Viewer, on the contrary, passes the click to the plugin as soon as the media data is received (thanks to the async touch)...

That object should not be using its screen to detect touch that must interact with the scripts: it should bear buttons around the screen for this purpose. Touch to the screen are touch directed to the played media. Period.

Quote:
I can't see the point of sending a log since the error is obviously how the click event is sent and should be easily reproducible.
Do you know what info and warning messages I added to the viewer code and where ? Do you know their purpose ? No, you don't. So, don't assume and comply with the rules. Any new bug report without attached logs from you will from now on be ignored, for my time is limited and I won't repeat myself yet again !

Case closed. Not a bug, but expected behaviour.

2017-03-01 18:29:25
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]