Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-16 22:41:13

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Question About Audio Stream Info & Outfits 

Hello! I just wanted to know is there any way to get the song info to post local? I know there are popups and I can hover over the audio button to bring it up, but it would be super convenient to be able toggle it to post to local so I can copy paste it at any time IE be able to scroll back in conversation to grab it and not worry about the song changing so quickly. Could I do that?

Also, how do I update an outfit? I'm used to using Firestorm's way of managing them which I found super convenient. I can deal with how it handles outs in Cool if I knew how to save outfit changes. The only button I ever see in appearances is Make Outfit. I don't see a 'Save Changes' drop down or anything. Am I missing something?

Thank you very much for your time!

2016-12-08 00:50:23

Quote:
Hello! I just wanted to know is there any way to get the song info to post local? I know there are popups and I can hover over the audio button to bring it up, but it would be super convenient to be able toggle it to post to local so I can copy paste it at any time IE be able to scroll back in conversation to grab it and not worry about the song changing so quickly. Could I do that?
In the "Preferences" floater:
  1. "Audio & media" tab, "Media" sub-tab: check "Notify about streaming music changes"
  2. "Notifications" tab: un-check "Do not echo/log notify tips in chat"

Quote:
Also, how do I update an outfit? I'm used to using Firestorm's way of managing them which I found super convenient. I can deal with how it handles outs in Cool if I knew how to save outfit changes. The only button I ever see in appearances is Make Outfit. I don't see a 'Save Changes' drop down or anything. Am I missing something?
Yes, in the "Inventory" floater, "File" menu, "Make new outfit" entry. Or in the "Appearance" floater, "Make outfit..." button.

If you just wish to add (or remove) an item to an outfit, it's however just a matter of adding (or removing) the said item from the inventory folder containing the outfit items ("outfits" are just inventory sub-folders with wearable items, objects and possibly gestures: there is no specific "outfit" location in v1 viewers: they can be anywhere in your inventory).
You may also use the "Inventory" floater "Worn" tab to easily locate your worn items. Nifty trick: fold and unfold the folder (by clicking on the small arrow, left of the folder name) containing your worn items in the "Worn" tab, then switch to the "Last open" tab of the floater: you will then see the whole outfit folder contents (worn or not). You may also open a second Inventory floater ("File" -> "New window") to easily copy/move items around from one folder to another (the two floaters will bear independent search filters, "Last open" tab, etc, unlike what happens in most other viewers).

Another thing you can do, is to organize the items of any given outfit in sub-folders (e.g. create a sub-folder for clothing items and move all such items in it, then another sub-folder for, say, BDSM items (cuffs, collar, etc), you could also make a sub-sub-folder in the clothing items sub-folder for the shoes, etc...); this allows to easily remove or add items via a right click on sub-folder (and "Take off items" or "Add to outfit"), for example, if you want your avatar to undress quickly... :D

2016-12-08 09:41:27
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]