Cool VL Viewer forum
http://sldev.free.fr/forum/

Something faulty with audio streams
http://sldev.free.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1724
Page 1 of 1

Author:  GeoffEarnshaw [ 2016-12-31 00:14:06 ]
Post subject:  Something faulty with audio streams

Hello Henri,

Well I'm not sure what the problem is and not sure if this is a bug or not. But every time I try to play parcel media stream the viewer freezes up and I get a Watchdog Timeout message. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the viewer. It works just fine in SL and on certain servers in DN but not the new server we just installed with the sims moved too it. Someone else tested Cool VL on the same server and works fine but they were on Win7 vs me on Win10. I also tried installing Cool VL on my old PC desktop running Win7 and the viewer does freeze a few sec when playing the audio stream but recovers. When I repeated the steps by TPing back and forth between Sims or servers the Win7 PC Viewer crashed. I then tried to disable my firewalls and antivirus to make sure it wasn't interfering. still had issues with the Win10 laptop. Also switched between my graphics card and the intergraded one, just to rule it out.

Could this just be a misconfigured server?

Here is my logs for the Win10 Laptop: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9sV-i ... sp=sharing
Here is my logs for the Win7 PC: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9sV-i ... sp=sharing

Attachment:
coolVLviewerWatchdog timeout.jpg
coolVLviewerWatchdog timeout.jpg [ 46.32 KiB | Viewed 444 times ]


Code:
Cool VL Viewer v1.26.20.2, 64 bits, Dec 24 2016 10:09:23
Release Notes

You are at 2559092.0, 2560410.5, 24.5 in Commune Reserve located at  (69.25.198.249:9234)
OpenSim 0.9.1.0 DreamNation f7b9bce2f7348937fb9c7d347bc1228650fbf891 2016-12-27 07:05:11 -0800 (Unix/Mono)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (2591.98 MHz)
Memory: 16257 MB
OS version: Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit  (Build 9200) compatibility mode. Real version: 10.0 (Build 10586)
Memory manager: OS native
Graphics card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 970M/PCIe/SSE2
Windows graphics driver version: 21.20.0016.4542
OpenGL version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 376.33

J2C decoder: OpenJPEG: 1.4.0.635d
Audio driver: FMOD Ex v4.44.64
Networking backend: libcurl/7.47.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1h zlib/1.2.8
Embedded browser: CEF3 plugin v1.5.3c-(CEF-WIN-3.2526.1347-32)
Packets lost: 8/13739 (0.1%)

Built with MSVC version 1800

Compile flags used for this build:
/O2 /Oi /MD /MP /DNDEBUG /D_SECURE_SCL=0 /D_HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING=0 /DWIN32 /D_WINDOWS /W3 /GR /EHsc /Oy- /GS /fp:fast /TP /W2 /Zc:forScope /Zc:wchar_t- /c /nologo /DLL_WINDOWS=1 /DUNICODE /D_UNICODE /DWINVER=0x0600 /D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0600 /DXML_STATIC /DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB /DLL_FMODEX=1 /DAPR_DECLARE_STATIC /DAPU_DECLARE_STATIC /DCURL_STATICLIB=1 /DLIB_NDOF=1


Thanks,
Geoff

Author:  Henri Beauchamp [ 2016-12-31 00:25:43 ]
Post subject:  Re: Something faulty with audio streams

There's something fishy with your server:
Code:
2016-12-30T23:07:55Z WARNING: LLHost::getHostName: Couldn't find host name for address 4190509381, Error: 11004


I'd say the media problem is most probably a misconfigured DNS issue (i.e. the DNS can't find the IP for the media stream URL and times out after the viewer watchdog does). Try disabling the watchdog from the viewer Advanced menu, restart the viewer, and see if it unfreezes by itself (after the DNS will have timed out): you should then see a 404 (or similar) error in the viewer log, and the viewer will continue happily like if nothing happened...

Author:  GeoffEarnshaw [ 2016-12-31 16:19:36 ]
Post subject:  Re: Something faulty with audio streams

Yes that did the trick for as the viewer not crashing. There is a 30+ second viewer freeze when playing or changing the audio stream and TP'ing with the audio stream playing. But at least I didn't crash! :)
Is there anyway to reduce the freeze time do you think?

Thanks,
Geoff

Author:  Henri Beauchamp [ 2016-12-31 16:26:38 ]
Post subject:  Re: Something faulty with audio streams

GeoffEarnshaw wrote:
Is there anyway to reduce the freeze time do you think?

Change your DNS for one that works... or change the URL of the media to use the IP instead of the offending server name.

Author:  GeoffEarnshaw [ 2017-03-15 21:04:31 ]
Post subject:  Re: Something faulty with audio streams

Hello Henri,

So I have tried another DNS address and used IP address for audio streaming. Still the viewer freezes for about 50 sec. Would crash if I didn't disable Watchdog Timeout.
I see these log entries in the log at the same time when the viewer freezes.
2017-03-15T20:46:38Z WARNING: LLHost::getHostName: Couldn't find host name for address 4140177733, Error: 11004
2017-03-15T20:47:23Z WARNING: LLHost::getHostName: Couldn't find host name for address 4140177733, Error: 11004 (repeated 5 times)

This only happens on the new server (DNUSA7) that was installed a few months ago. I stayed away from any sim on that server until my own sim was moved to another new server (DNUSA6) that was recently installed. No one else is having these issues with Cool VL or other viewers. So its only me. I contacted our own tech monkeys and they have no clue what is the matter. It could be a combination with Windows 10 and Cool VL. When I try Firestorm no issues. I have no idea what the difference is between the old servers and the new servers and why this is happening to just me. We have one old server left, DNUSA3 which I have no issues with.

Hope you have some more good ideas :)

Thanks,
Geoff

Author:  Henri Beauchamp [ 2017-03-15 21:42:33 ]
Post subject:  Re: Something faulty with audio streams

GeoffEarnshaw wrote:
Hello Henri,

So I have tried another DNS address and used IP address for audio streaming. Still the viewer freezes for about 50 sec. Would crash if I didn't disable Watchdog Timeout.
I see these log entries in the log at the same time when the viewer freezes.
2017-03-15T20:46:38Z WARNING: LLHost::getHostName: Couldn't find host name for address 4140177733, Error: 11004
2017-03-15T20:47:23Z WARNING: LLHost::getHostName: Couldn't find host name for address 4140177733, Error: 11004 (repeated 5 times)

This only happens on the new server (DNUSA7) that was installed a few months ago. I stayed away from any sim on that server until my own sim was moved to another new server (DNUSA6) that was recently installed. No one else is having these issues with Cool VL or other viewers. So its only me. I contacted our own tech monkeys and they have no clue what is the matter. It could be a combination with Windows 10 and Cool VL. When I try Firestorm no issues. I have no idea what the difference is between the old servers and the new servers and why this is happening to just me. We have one old server left, DNUSA3 which I have no issues with.

Hope you have some more good ideas :)

Thanks,
Geoff

You don't provide the full log, so I can't tell for sure, but that's not a viewer bug. It's just that your DNS does not resolve the host name, and the viewer keeps trying. Change your DNS for one that properly resolves host names. There are many Open DNSes around (try one from: OpenNIC, for example).

Also make sure the Windows firewall is not blocking *any* network traffic from the viewer or replies from the affected DNS server IP to the viewer (especially on DNS port 53/UDP)...

Another potential culprit could be a faulty router (cheap WiFi ones are the usual suspects) that drops established links because its (too small) routing table is full and they can't deal with enough simultaneous circuits (all routers should be able to deal with the full 65535 potential circuits/ports, but some cheap ones are limited to a couple hundreds or even less)... In this case, reduce the number of simultaneous connections (close unused tabs in your browser, don't use torrent clients together with the viewer, reduce the viewer simultaneous connections for fetching textures and meshes)... Or change your router for a proper, full featured one.

Author:  linyifei [ 2017-03-15 22:44:36 ]
Post subject:  Re: Something faulty with audio streams

Geoff, it might be worth opening the stream URL in a different application and see if you get a similar error. I use VLC for this purpose, but I imagine any network-aware media-player would do.

Since I only listen to streams if I'm going to a specific event, such as a DJ spinning at a club, ballroom, concert etc. I have taken to listening to streams through VLC on a routine basis, since it seems to be more reliable, and I get fewer memory warnings from Cool VL Viewer.

Author:  GeoffEarnshaw [ 2017-03-18 16:22:01 ]
Post subject:  Re: Something faulty with audio streams

Hi linyifei,

Thanks for the suggestion but I think I got it fixed. So far so good after turning off "Media and audio streaming filtering" under "Preferences" -> "Audio & media" -> "Media", and unchecking "Media and audio streaming filtering" and/or unchecking "Lookup IP address for filtered domains". I think just unchecking the latter is the solution to my problems I was having other than just unchecking the first. So far after 2 days I haven't had any freezing after TP'ing or streaming audio. I looked through the log and do not see any errors/warnings I was seeing before. I have no idea why this works but maybe Henri can tell me. But any hoot, I am a very happy camper!! :lol:

Regards,
Geoff

Author:  Henri Beauchamp [ 2017-03-18 19:52:17 ]
Post subject:  Re: Something faulty with audio streams

GeoffEarnshaw wrote:
Hi linyifei,

Thanks for the suggestion but I think I got it fixed. So far so good after turning off "Media and audio streaming filtering" under "Preferences" -> "Audio & media" -> "Media", and unchecking "Media and audio streaming filtering" and/or unchecking "Lookup IP address for filtered domains". I think just unchecking the latter is the solution to my problems I was having other than just unchecking the first. So far after 2 days I haven't had any freezing after TP'ing or streaming audio. I looked through the log and do not see any errors/warnings I was seeing before. I have no idea why this works but maybe Henri can tell me. But any hoot, I am a very happy camper!! :lol:
Your DNS is not replying reverse-DNS lookup... Which is faulty. Check that your firewall rules are not blocking any DNS port: a normal DNS query uses the UDP protocol on port 53, while a reverse DNS lookup may use (when the reply can't fit the 512 bytes of an UDP packet) the TCP protocol on the same port: check that your firewall does not block TCP on port 53.

Author:  GeoffEarnshaw [ 2017-03-18 20:19:36 ]
Post subject:  Re: Something faulty with audio streams

I did check my firewalls on the router and Norton Internet Security. I made sure that port wasn't being blocked. I also changed my DNS server. It still didn't make a difference. Only thing that worked was disabling the filter as I described above.

Thanks,
Geoff

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/