Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 21:21:33

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Menu accelerators and input lines 

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
    Fixed issues with menu item accelerator keys getting wrongly stuffed into any focused input line/text editor, while other accelerator keys got ignored. Changed a few menu accelerators in the process.
Was this a broad-based fix for all menu accelerators? I still get #, $ and ( in the chat bar or input line in a instant message when using <shift> + <ctl> + 3, 4, 9, respectively, on the top keyboard row. They do NOT produce output when using the keypad, somewhat obviously. Perhaps a quirk of my keyboard and/or Linux distro?

2017-07-12 16:07:24

ZaneZimer wrote:
Was this a broad-based fix for all menu accelerators? I still get #, $ and ( in the chat bar or input line in a instant message when using <shift> + <ctl> + 3, 4, 9, respectively, on the top keyboard row. They do NOT produce output when using the keypad, somewhat obviously. Perhaps a quirk of my keyboard and/or Linux distro?

The purpose of the keypad translations is precisely to get the equivalent accentors (numeric keys) working, since they don't properly work with "normal" keys. Just use the keypad...

2017-07-12 16:54:33
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
The purpose of the keypad translations is precisely to get the equivalent accentors (numeric keys) working, since they don't properly work with "normal" keys. Just use the keypad...
OK. I can adjust to using the keypad only. I was only curious because the <ctrl> + <shift> + 1 used to print ! in 'input fields' but no longer does.

2017-07-12 22:42:20

ZaneZimer wrote:
Henri Beauchamp wrote:
OK. I can adjust to using the keypad only. I was only curious because the <ctrl> + <shift> + 1 used to print ! in 'input fields' but no longer does.

I fixed the issues that were affecting the keypad keys, but did not bother testing each and every accelerator for the rest (especially since I don't have a QWERTY keyboard to test them !)... That's a problem with how the viewer deals with ASCII and unicode characters: the keyboard handling in SL viewers is a nightmare...

2017-07-13 08:21:08
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]