Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 14:45:03

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
Incomplete Profile 

Daughter's profile shows up incomplete.. I was told to come here for assistance...

https://i.gyazo.com/5d51a3190e7e4e9f1ad ... 030f6b.png

All other accounts show up fine

https://i.gyazo.com/04ce9d07984adb8c0a2 ... b661ac.png

2017-08-17 11:03:34

It shows just fine here... Without the log file, it's hard to tell what went wrong on your computer... Perhaps a corrupted name cache (try clearing the cache)...

Attachments:
BallerinaProfile.png
BallerinaProfile.png [ 78.73 KiB | Viewed 3048 times ]
2017-08-17 11:17:42
Profile WWW

After the original screenshot (May) I had a brand new hard drive put into my computer. so that won't work. My other accounts show up just fine. It is just that one account that shows like that... The only thing I can think of is that particular account (My daughter's) was stuck in Limbo for 3 years when LL changed removed the teen grid and changed the age to 16 from 13. I did post a ticket with Seconlife as well... and hoping someone can figure it out.

2017-08-20 14:49:23

Ok, it is still showing an incomplete profile after LL did all they could do. Even on a different computer it did the same thing. Only on my view this issue occurs and only on the one avatar... is there anyway, if I were to supply the info in a private message, you could look at it and see if anything can be done on your end??? At the very least maybe something LL might have overlooked? Thanks

2017-08-24 18:21:58

Again, the profile for that avatar shows just fine for me, so it's nothing to do with my viewer, and since you are not even providing a log file (that could show the reason for the failure), I cannot help you, sorry.

2017-08-24 20:37:23
Profile WWW

This only happens on one account. I have 65 SL accounts. On all the rest of them I can edit the about section, fill in the first life tab and no issues. Only on the Ballerina account there is NO FIRST LIFE Tab, the about section is missing...

<snip>

From which computer do you want the log file. I use 5...
It will look fine from a different account, but I can't change the about section as there is not one. I can't edit it... I had someone in another state check it too and when they are ON the actual account there is no about section, no way to edit the file and there is also no "First Life" section.

First one is from a Windows 10 Dell computer while the second one is from an ASUS Windows 8.1 Computer. IT IS NOT MY COMPUTER> Or every single profile will do the same thing. Only one account is doing this and all other viewers show it as editable without issues when the account is actually logged into...

2017-08-24 21:47:11

First of all, please learn how to attach a log to a message on a board... Simply zip it and attach the zip file to your message: do not post the log in plain text ! I snipped the log and removed the spammy messages... More work for me, more work for you: bad solution !

Only attach the log corresponding to a failed session, where you will have opened the problematic profile, so that I can spot what warnings the viewer issued at that specific moment.

LadyJane wrote:
This only happens on one account. I have 65 SL accounts. On all the rest of them I can edit the about section, fill in the first life tab and no issues. Only on the Ballerina account there is NO FIRST LIFE Tab, the about section is missing...

From which computer do you want the log file. I use 5...
It will look fine from a different account, but I can't change the about section as there is not one. I can't edit it... I had someone in another state check it too and when they are ON the actual account there is no about section, no way to edit the file and there is also no "First Life" section.

First one is from a Windows 10 Dell computer while the second one is from an ASUS Windows 8.1 Computer. IT IS NOT MY COMPUTER> Or every single profile will do the same thing. Only one account is doing this and all other viewers show it as editable without issues when the account is actually logged into...
Then, obviously, that's something fishy in your only failing account, don't you think so ?

In any case, I spotted the following issues in the log you posted:

Code:
2017-08-24T21:37:50Z WARNING: LLControlGroup::loadFromFile: Cannot find file C:\Users\Tony the Tiger\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\user_settings\settings_coolvlviewer_12620.xml to load.
2017-08-24T21:37:50Z WARNING: LLAppViewer::loadSettingsFromDirectory: Cannot load C:\Users\Tony the Tiger\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\user_settings\settings_coolvlviewer_12620.xml - No settings found.
.../...
2017-08-24T21:37:56Z WARNING: LLAppViewer::initCache: Bad or missing vfx index file: C:\Users\Tony the Tiger\AppData\Local\CoolVLViewer\index.db2.x.1 - Removing corresponding old vfs data file: C:\Users\Tony the Tiger\AppData\Local\CoolVLViewer\data.db2.x.1
.../...
2017-08-24T21:37:56Z WARNING: LLNotificationHistoryChannel::loadPersistentNotifications: Failed to open C:\Users\Tony the Tiger\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\user_settings\open_notifications_coolvlviewer.xml
.../...
2017-08-24T21:37:59Z WARNING: LLStartUp::startLLProxy: Invalid other HTTP proxy configuration.
.../...
2017-08-24T21:38:22Z WARNING: LLControlGroup::loadFromFile: Cannot find file C:\Users\Tony the Tiger\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\ballerina_melody\settings_per_account_coolvlviewer.xml to load.
2017-08-24T21:38:22Z WARNING: LLAppViewer::loadSettingsFromDirectory: Cannot load C:\Users\Tony the Tiger\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\ballerina_melody\settings_per_account_coolvlviewer.xml - No settings found.
2017-08-24T21:38:22Z WARNING: LLViewerMedia::loadCookieFile: Can't load plugin cookies from file "plugin_cookies.txt"
2017-08-24T21:38:22Z WARNING: LLStartUp::initStartScreen: Bitmap load failed
.../...

Obviously, the viewer cannot even open your account settings files, meaning there is a permission issue, or a missing directory, or a corrupted/failing hard drive issue on your system for that particular Windows user account.

Also, the proxy is badly configured, which could cause failures for the viewer to reach some SL servers...

I cannot investigate more accurately just from logs, but it's definitely something wrong on your computer(s), not in SL, not in the viewer...

2017-08-25 00:27:58
Profile WWW

If there was something wrong with my computers. ALL OF MY ACCOUNTS will be missing the first tab in the profile and the about section, if that were the case. This issue was also tested in the following states this morning. California, Kentucky, and Indiana. It is highly unlikely that all of these computers have bad hard drives, and considering they all have different internet providers. There is no way one account can constantly have the same issue on all of these other computers in other states..

I am currently waiting on their log files...

2017-08-25 21:11:35

LadyJane wrote:
If there was something wrong with my computers. ALL OF MY ACCOUNTS will be missing the first tab in the profile and the about section, if that were the case. This issue was also tested in the following states this morning. California, Kentucky, and Indiana. It is highly unlikely that all of these computers have bad hard drives, and considering they all have different internet providers. There is no way one account can constantly have the same issue on all of these other computers in other states..

I am currently waiting on their log files...

There is something fishy with your installation (probably the same problem with permissions on your computers) since the viewer cannot read its own files, like the log proved !

Start by fixing it... It's not something I can do for you.

And there's nothing I can "fix" in the viewer, for it's not broken in the first place (again, I can read that profile just fine here, so the problem is on *your* side and *your* computers).

Locking this topic since it leads nowhere.

2017-08-25 21:43:32
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ]