Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 12:16:26

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Windows XP viewer download? 

Is there a stable build for Windows XP anywhere? I heard there was one but cannot find a download for it. One of my friends wants to play SL but her laptop is ancient. (Compaq Presario R3000)

2017-12-25 02:47:41

I do not provide binaries for Windows XP any more (I ceased building for XP one year and a half ago due to the move LL did to VS2013 and the fact they don't provide VS2010-compatible updated pre-built libraries any more).

You can still, for now, build yourself a 32 bits, Windows XP compatible binary from the source of the stable branch (v1.26.20). You will find the instructions in the linden/doc/WindowsBuildHowto.txt file of the sources tree (see also this thread).

However, and like I announced in the roadmap, v1.26.20 will be the last branch to allow such builds, and starting with v1.26.21 you cannot any more build the viewer for Windows XP (neither for Vista).

Windows XP is deprecated, riddled with security holes that Micro$oft won't plug any more, and provides a poor stability as an OS. Windows XP is dead, forget it (simply upgrade to Windows 7: it will run better than XP, even on old machines).

2017-12-25 09:37:08
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]