Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 16:13:51

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Crosshairs 

A cool vl newbie question. Been using the sl viewer and firestorm for years,since switching to this amazing cool vl viewer on antergos and MX linux other sl residents tell me they see my crosshairs in many different colors,that surprised me cause i can t see them. Maybe i am missing something but i can t find a way to turn them off. I have put the "look at " and "point at "off.
Is there any way to stop the crosshairs showing?
I also experience a small mesh hair problem, where the layers seem to be all over the place.

Using: Cool VL Viewer v1.26.20.40,
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz (2700 MHz)
Memory: 11945MB
OS version: Linux-x86_64 v4.14.9-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Dec 26

2018-01-02 10:50:44

bjorn93 wrote:
other sl residents tell me they see my crosshairs in many different colors,that surprised me cause i can t see them.
You are probably referring to the "look at" (or "point at") crosshair. This feature was designed by LL to debug the viewer (not for the end user) and got extended by some TPVs to also show the name of the avatar they belong to on each crosshair. I recently added the "name on crosshair" in my viewer (as well as "look at" notification), but only with reciprocity (i.e. you can't see the name on the crosshair belonging to an avatar whose distance to yours is greater than the maximum "crosshair broadcast" distance you set for your own avatar): see this message for details.
So, to summarize, you cannot do like with other TPVs which allow spying, since they allow you to stop broadcasting your look/point at data and yet permit you to see other avatars' with their name as well on the crosshair.

Quote:
Maybe i am missing something but i can t find a way to turn them off. I have put the "look at " and "point at "off.
Your avatar crosshair is only seen by others if they enabled the "Show Look/Point at" feature in their own viewer.
You may also toggle those features in the Cool VL Viewer to see others' crosshair, via the "Advanced" menu, "Character" sub-menu ("Show look at" and "Show point at" entries).

Quote:
Is there any way to stop the crosshairs showing?
"Preferences" floater, "Input & camera" tab, "Input controls" sub-tab, "Do not look/point at .... beyond:" check boxes, and associated distance spinners (which you could set to 0 to disable broadcasting entirely).
Note that it is not recommended to disable entirely the "look at" broadcasting, since it prevents your avatar from moving its head at all when it looks at some object, making your avatar look like a dress form or a statue... a 20m max distance (corresponding to the normal, chat interaction range) is a good choice.

Quote:
I also experience a small mesh hair problem, where the layers seem to be all over the place.
Not sure what you mean... If it's an issue with mesh and/or textures loading, for other avatars simply right click on the mesh and select "More>" then "Refresh>" in the pie menu and, for your own avatar, right-click on the mesh to bring the pie menu and type CTRL SHIFT U.
If this does not solve your problem, provide a proper bug report in the adequate forum, following its rules to the letter.

2018-01-02 11:35:55
Profile WWW

Thank you Henri for the fast reply. And may i add that your viewer is the only one that works without any problems on all of my open source distros.Terrific work !

2018-01-02 12:05:53
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]