Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 16:24:37

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Problem with voice 

Hello i have 2 avatars: on the first one i can use voice, on the second it's not enabled. Any help? Thank you!

2018-04-10 13:16:31

calebhaas wrote:
Hello i have 2 avatars: on the first one i can use voice, on the second it's not enabled. Any help? Thank you!

If you can use voice with one, it's not a viewer issue... So I cannot help, sorry.

Also, please note that you cannot have two running viewer sessions using voice at the same time: only the first session got voice.

2018-04-10 13:56:33
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
calebhaas wrote:

If you can use voice with one, it's not a viewer issue... So I cannot help, sorry.

Also, please note that you cannot have two running viewer sessions using voice at the same time: only the first session got voice.

Thank you Henri!

yes i know it's not a viewer problem :) and no, i don't run two viewers at the same time... :)

i will investigate, there is a way to reset voice on the cool viewer?

2018-04-10 14:03:50

You could erase the per account settings file (settings_per_account_coolvlviewer.xml) for the affected avatar.

Note also that sometimes, voice fails to start on login (the Cool VL Viewer is using a very old voice client and LL messed up badly with the voice login protocol in the past few years): simply disable it, apply and re-enable it, apply in the Preferences floater.

2018-04-10 14:58:19
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
You could erase the per account settings file (settings_per_account_coolvlviewer.xml) for the affected avatar.

Note also that sometimes, voice fails to start on login (the Cool VL Viewer is using a very old voice client and LL messed up badly with the voice login protocol in the past few years): simply disable it, apply and re-enable it, apply in the Preferences floater.

i tried everything you suggested but still no voice for me, even with the last version. It's a pity i have to use another viewer, this one is so ... really Cool!

2018-04-30 19:20:23

I noticed in the Linux version, I had to also remove the other, remaining libopenal file from /lib. Henri recently removed one version because of audio rework, but I believe the other is an older version that might be used with voice. Once I removed that one, I have used Voice Echo Canyon, to test, successfully.

2018-04-30 21:05:51

ZaneZimer wrote:
I noticed in the Linux version, I had to also remove the other, remaining libopenal file from /lib. Henri recently removed one version because of audio rework, but I believe the other is an older version that might be used with voice. Once I removed that one, I have used Voice Echo Canyon, to test, successfully.

The "remaining" libopenal.so version is the 32 bits one: if you remove it, you must have a 32 bits one installed on your system (and it must be findable under the libopenal.so name, i.e the 32 bits development package must be installed or a soft link must be created manually), or voice will not work at all...

In any case, Calebhaas' issue is probably totally unrelated since his problem only occurs with one of his avatars and not the other.

2018-05-01 08:10:11
Profile WWW

calebhaas wrote:
ZaneZimer wrote:

In Windows what should i delete ?
Nothing at all !

Quote:
With the new version i have no voice at all ... :(
Sorry, but I'm afraid that this will not be fixed by me... I don't use voice at all and don't have any interest in it, plus LL keeps making changes to their voice service, breaking and un-breaking every few weeks or months the old voice clients such as the one the Cool VL Viewer is using. If you do need voice, your best bet is to use another viewer.

Quote:
Henri Beauchamp wrote:

I removed this one, the viewer didn't start at all anymore
This is abnormal: there's something fishy with your system, then, for the viewer shall start (with the default settings) without this file !

Quote:
Anyway, i imagined that i could have a firewall problem: the other viewers ask me to allow SL Voice on the internet, the Cool Viewer never asks for this ..
The viewers (any of them) don't ask for anything... It's the Windows firewall which does. If does not ask, it might be either because the authorization was already given in the past, or the SLVoice.exe program fails to run on your system (look in the tasks list).

2018-05-01 08:48:15
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]