Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-29 12:03:06

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
1.26.22.2 LogIn Screen defaults - Cool VL Viewer Burning Ice 

Recently updated to 1.26.22.2 Windows 64 Bit and have noticed that the LogIn page does not retain SecondLife as the grid that I want to log into. The default is blank and the Burning Ice logo appears on the page. I have to select SecondLife as the grid each time. I do not have this issue when using the SL default browser. Also, I am not sure whether my question should be in Bug Report for this update or if this is something that I need to resolve on my end via xml or txt file? Appreciate your input regarding this matter, Henri.

Merci,
Tini

2018-04-21 19:48:55

Did you change your network card (the saved password is scrambled using the network interface MAC address) ?

In any case, deleting user_settings/password.dat and user_settings/saved_grids_login.xml should reset the viewer saved password and get you back on track.

2018-04-21 23:41:43
Profile WWW

No, I had not changed my network card so I don't understand what may have corrupted any file. It occurred after I had updated my Cool VL to 1.26.22.2.

In any case, I only had to delete the saved_grids_login.html as I don't save passwords & did not have the passwords.dat file (or I couldn't find it using search). The viewer is back to normal & working beautifully. Thank you again for your quick reply & for all your work on this viewer!

2018-04-23 16:35:14
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]