Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-29 09:47:35

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
IMs notification/sounds 

Hello there, i wonder if this viewer have a setting ( or debug setting ) to make a sound on every IMs, like a firestorm does or maybe in windows make toolbar/taskbar icon flash, firestorm has also this feature.

sound on every IM

toolbar/taskbar flash

2018-06-13 23:33:10

There is no such built-in function in the Cool VL Viewer. The philosophy of my viewer is to avoid bloat, unlike Firestorm's.

However:
  • You may choose wether to play a sound or not for new IM sessions (and may choose not to play it for group sessions), from the "Preferences" floater, "Audio & Media" tab, "Audio" sub-tab.
  • Each time a new IMs arrives, if the IM floater is open, the corresponding session tab flashes. If the floater is closed, an "IM" button appears above the tool bar (or chat bar when it is open), with a counter telling you how many IM "bursts" have been received (a burst is determined server side: in early SL days it used to re-trigger an IM session opening after you closed it for a group, after some time had passed or new participants opened a session for that group). The "IM" button counter also got "*" appended if you received private IMs.
  • You may use the Lua scripting feature to make the viewer play a sound at each new IM. Simply create an "automation.lua" file in the user_settings directory, and place in it:
    Code:
    function OnInstantMsg(session_id, origin_id, session_type, name, text)
       PlayUISound("NewIncomingIMSession")
    end
    Then you can load that script (that will also be automatically loaded on each subsequent viewer session) from the "Advanced" -> "Lua scripting" menu.
    Of course, more complex code is also possible, such as using a Lua side bar button to toggle that feature, or playing the UI sound only for some groups or friends, using notification tips instead of a sound, etc...

2018-06-14 09:52:53
Profile WWW

Yees firestorm have alot of bloat :lol: :lol:
i didn't know about lua scripting but is my best option for what i want, i will add some filters to that code you gave me (thanks for that little example) and try to add an option to the lua sidebar.

Thanks so much for you reply! :D

2018-06-14 18:00:25
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]