Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-19 10:39:56

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Using no transfer textures 

I'm not sure what the rules are, but it seems that 'no transfer' textures do not show up in the build's texture picker. Is this an expected behavior?

2019-02-10 23:06:59

The textures you uploaded yourself will show up, no-transfer or not, but obviously, you cannot apply a no-transfer texture that was created by someone else, since applying it on a prim would make the texture loose its permissions (textures applied *on* prims are not inventory assets and bear no permission) and allow you to transfer the texture (not the inventory asset, but the texture itself) to another person via your object...

This is perfectly normal and the expected behaviour.

2019-02-10 23:23:36
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
This is perfectly normal and the expected behaviour.
I thought it might be, but it is odd that a purchase came with the 'no transfer' textures along with the objects they belong in since they are basically useless. I had just not run into this situation before.

2019-02-10 23:53:23

The permissions system in SL is flawed...Another example, just at the top of my head: no-mod scripts added to a mod-ok object cause the latter to become no-mod once taken back to your inventory...

For textures, you can cheat, however... Dragging and dropping a no-transfer texture from your inventory to a prim while in Edit mode will still work to apply the texture to the face where you drop it... Don't ask me why: it's just LL's code...

2019-02-10 23:58:19
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
For textures, you can cheat, however... Dragging and dropping a no-transfer texture from your inventory to a prim while in Edit mode will still work to apply the texture to the face where you drop it... Don't ask me why: it's just LL's code...
Heh, I was trying variations of that. I guess I didn't quite get it right. I think I'll experiment some. It's not really critical as I had some other textures I could use in place of the 'vendor supplied' ones. Thanks for the info. I know it's a complex set of rules when dealing with the interactions of the permissions on various objects. I would not want to actually work on it.

2019-02-11 00:03:06
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]