Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-19 04:10:02

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Visibility of mesh clothing in mouse-look. 

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.22.38 included this feature (as a Mac user, I got it in Catten's v1.26.22.43 built):
Quote:
Backported from Marine's viewer a rendering optimization allowing to skip rendering rigged head attachments for your avatar while in mouse-look ("Preferences" floater, "Input & camera" tab, "Camera controls" sub-tab, "Mouse-look options" category, "Show the avatar rigged head attachments in mouse-look" check box).
I've been puzzling over why I could no longer see my rigged mesh RP pressure-suit in mouse-look, and solved it last night by checking the "Show the avatar rigged head attachments in mouse-look" box. It appears that leaving that box unchecked causes all worn rigged mesh attachments, not just head attachments, to be invisible in mouse-look. If that is the intended behaviour, possibly the description text on the checkbox should be updated?

2019-05-29 23:51:45

Yes, the description of that feature, while reflecting Marine's original intent (as shown in her comment about it in the code) is inappropriate, since all rigged attachments are indeed not rendered in mouse-look when that feature is enabled...

Fact is that rigged attachments can be attached anywhere (most people use the default attach point, which is the right hand) and render in spots that have nothing to do with the said attachment point (you could attach a "head rigged attachment" to your avatar right foot and still see it rendered on its head), meaning there is no way to distinguish and select which of your rigged attachments are "head attachments"...

For next releases, I therefore modified the labeling for that feature to remove any reference to the "head", and also changed the corresponding setting accordingly (now "MouselookRenderRigged"), giving it a default value of TRUE (so that the viewer behaves like LL's viewer by default and renders all rigged attachments in mouse-look).

2019-05-30 08:34:24
Profile WWW

Thank you, Henri.

Leaving rigged meshes to attach on the default right hand is a noobie mistake, though. Sooner or later, you put on a handbag, gun or something, and accidentally push off your dress, jacket, pants or whatever. :D

2019-05-31 00:34:23
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]