Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-23 15:13:35

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Not all obects load 

Hello Henri,

I cannot reproduce this issue and I unfortunately do not have any logs. Therefore I am putting this in the General discussion for a heads up. However, others have also notice that when logging in to a sim (currently on OS snail 0.9.1.0), not everything loads. I have a skybox I always login to. The Skybox was gone along with many other objects that I knew was still there when I logged in. I was just sanding on an invisible platform it seems. A relog fixed the issue however. This has happen a couple of times since the release of the current viewer (v1.26.24.0). But I am not ruling out this could be related to snail. This also happen when I TP'ed to another sim that was also on snail and the main building (prim made not mesh) was gone. Relogging fixed the issue. Might have been corrupted cache files which I did clear them after this occurred.

Also, which might be related or could be something else. Loading/rezzing of nearby objects is slow. When going to a new area on the same sim or on another sim, the objects are slow to rez. Also, when turning around the objects that was loaded has to load again. It's a little frustrated.

Code:
Cool VL Viewer v1.26.24.0, 64 bits, Nov  9 2019 10:08:56
Release Notes

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor (800 MHz)
Memory: 12005MB
OS version: Linux-x86_64 v5.0.0-36-generic #39~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 12 11:09:50 UTC 2019
Memory manager: jemalloc v5.2.1-20191106
Graphics card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 430.50
Detected VRAM: 4096MB
J2C decoder: OpenJPEG: 1.4.0.635f
Audio driver: FMOD Studio v2.00.05 (PulseAudio)
Networking backend: libcurl/7.47.0 OpenSSL/1.0.2s zlib/1.2.11
Embedded browser: CEF3 plugin v74.1.19+gb62bacf+chromium-74.0.3729.157

Built with: GCC v4.8.5
Compiler-generated maths: SSE2.

Compile flags used for this build:
-O3 -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -falign-functions=16 -falign-jumps=16 -fno-align-labels -fno-align-loops -fno-ipa-cp-clone -fsched-pressure -frename-registers -fweb -DNDEBUG -std=c++11 -pipe -g -gdwarf-2 -gstrict-dwarf -fno-var-tracking-assignments -fexceptions -fno-strict-aliasing -fvisibility=hidden -fsigned-char -m64 -mfpmath=sse -fno-math-errno -fno-trapping-math -pthread -fno-stack-protector -Wall -Wno-reorder -Wno-unused-local-typedefs -Werror -D_GLIBCXX_USE_C99_MATH=1 -DLL_LINUX=1 -D_REENTRANT -DXML_STATIC -DLL_USE_JEMALLOC=1 -DLL_ELFBIN=1 -DLL_LUA=1 -DOV_EXCLUDE_STATIC_CALLBACKS -DLL_FMODSTUDIO=1 -DLL_OPENAL=1 -DLL_SDL=1 -DLIB_NDOF=1 -DLL_X11=1

Just something to chew on until I can provide the logs. :D

Thanks,
Geoff

2019-11-20 22:20:06

1.- There is no change whatsoever on how things are rezzed or downloaded from sims between v1.26.22 and v1.26.24...

2.- Everything is blazing fast for me, and I fixed long ago the issue (often seen in many viewers) where you have to right-click on "invisible" objects when logging in or arriving after a TP to get them to rez.

3.- Some OpenSim grids sadly offer a very frustrating rezzing experience (OS Grid, for example, is terribly slow), when others, while not matching SL's download speed (on which I can easily reach 100 Mbps), offer a very decent rezzing experience.

4.- There are many knobs you may experience with in the Cool VL Viewer, to try and improve your situation. Have a look at the Preferences, Network tab and Cool features tab (Miscellaneous sub-tab), and at the Advanced -> Networking menu. Note that, AFAIK, no OpenSim grids offer HTTP pipelining, ViewerAsset or even GetMesh2 capabilities, all things that make SL so much faster at rezzing. Playing with "draw distance stepping / speed rezzing" may also offer some (subjectively) better experience (at least, the closest objects will rez first).

5.- At the end, it all boils down to the speed at which the grid servers can send the data, the quality of your ISP's peering on the grid servers network path, and the quality of your network link (when I migrated from a decent 20Mbps ADSL downlink to a 1Gbps optic fiber one, I can tell you it was like night and day in SL !).

2019-11-20 23:49:52
Profile WWW

I've been using your viewer for 6 years now on the same grid. I know what to expect from the grid and from the viewer I am using. This issue is new and unusual. I am not the only person who has notice this. If it happens again, I'll be sure to attach log files.

Geoff

2019-11-21 05:04:30

GeoffEarnshaw wrote:
I've been using your viewer for 6 years now on the same grid. I know what to expect from the grid and from the viewer I am using. This issue is new and unusual. I am not the only person who has notice this. If it happens again, I'll be sure to attach log files.
Again, it has nothing to do with the viewer version, and cannot be "new" since the code is exactly the same... Find another culprit than the viewer for this. Perhaps an isuse with the Open Sim version... Mind you, the viewer takes the objects data as it comes, and it can do nothing but wait for the server to send it.

2019-11-21 10:06:26
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]