Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-24 05:31:36

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
building on linux... 

I'm a bit stumped, shouldn't the build process download all required prebuild libs? because it doesn't for me...

Or maybe this build fail has a completely different reason?
Code:
-- Build files have been written to: /temp/slsource/home:lemmy04:snowglobe/coolvlviewer/t/linden/indra/viewer-linux-x86_64-relwithdebinfo
Running "make -C 'viewer-linux-x86_64-relwithdebinfo' -j 6 all"
make: Entering directory '/temp/slsource/home:lemmy04:snowglobe/coolvlviewer/t/linden/indra/viewer-linux-x86_64-relwithdebinfo'
make[1]: Entering directory '/temp/slsource/home:lemmy04:snowglobe/coolvlviewer/t/linden/indra/viewer-linux-x86_64-relwithdebinfo'
make[2]: Entering directory '/temp/slsource/home:lemmy04:snowglobe/coolvlviewer/t/linden/indra/viewer-linux-x86_64-relwithdebinfo'
make[2]: Entering directory '/temp/slsource/home:lemmy04:snowglobe/coolvlviewer/t/linden/indra/viewer-linux-x86_64-relwithdebinfo'
CMakeFiles/prepare.dir/build.make:76: *** target pattern contains no '%'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory '/temp/slsource/home:lemmy04:snowglobe/coolvlviewer/t/linden/indra/viewer-linux-x86_64-relwithdebinfo'
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:593: CMakeFiles/prepare.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Here's what I do:
I unpack the sources
I have to manually download all the prebuild libs into /var/tmp/mathias/install.cache
I run "./indra/buildlinux.sh -m64 --ignore-warnings --symbols --lto"

Where am I going the wrong way?

cheers
[LC]

2020-10-13 08:00:12
Profile YIM WWW

Please, provide the full build log. Important information such as gcc, python, cmake versions and various other outputs from the build scripts are not given here...

2020-10-13 08:07:52
Profile WWW

*facepalm*

found it. the COLONS in the name of my build directory are what makes it go bellyup.
Moved my temporary build tree that I want to use to prefetch the libs outside of that folder, and boom it works.

2020-10-13 08:08:36
Profile YIM WWW

Lance Corrimal wrote:
found it. the COLONS in the name of my build directory are what makes it go bellyup
Yes, I just noticed that too...

Please, use plain paths, and no fancy characters in it (the same issue would occur with UTF-8 characters in the path).

Note also that the Linux standards are not adhered to in your case: the temporary files should go into /var/tmp/$USER or /usr/tmp/$USER or $HOME/tmp... I cannot guarantee that cmake & Co will work properly when the standards are deviated from.

2020-10-13 08:12:28
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Lance Corrimal wrote:
found it. the COLONS in the name of my build directory are what makes it go bellyup
Yes, I just noticed that too...

Please, use plain paths, and no fancy characters in it (the same issue would occur with UTF-8 characters in the path).

Note also that the Linux standards are not adhered to in your case: the temporary files should go into /var/tmp/$USER or /usr/tmp/$USER or $HOME/tmp... I cannot guarantee that cmake & Co will work properly when the standards are deviated from.

Oh the temporary downloads do go into /var/tmp/$user/install.cache, as downloaded by your build script...

The colons are a quirk from packaging for openSUSE build service - can'tdo anything about that. But whenever I do a manual build to update my tarball with the prebuilds (a build node on OBS does not have internet access) I will now do that "elsewhere" :)

2020-10-13 12:30:26
Profile YIM WWW

Not sure why Suse chose a colon...

Normally, colons are used as separators in the PATH environment variable, for example, since they are not supposed to be used in the file paths and names themselves... Colons are also a delimiter for URIs.

Note really wise a choice...

2020-10-13 13:09:25
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]