Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-19 10:55:51

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Saving Login Details 

I'm new to the (super-fast) Cool VL Viewer, so sorry if this has come up before. I did a search here and found nothing.

Avatar login details are saved and are available in the drop-down list on the login screen. But they are not always saved. When logging in multiple avatars, the only one that is saved for the drop-down list is the first one to log in. I.e. the details are only saved when no other viewer instance already has an avatar logged in. That's according to my tests. I did the test with the new LL viewer and it saves the details of an avatar that is logged in and out while another avatar is logged in with the same viewer.

I often use multiple avatars while writing scripts but it's not a big deal. I thought it might be worth mentioning though. For a while I thought that the details of more than one avatar weren't being saved. I even searched through Preferences to see if I could turn multiple details on :(

2022-05-16 07:56:50

This is done on purpose, so that one instance does not corrupt the saved data from another (seeing as this data is saved at viewer exit or sometimes in the middle of a session, depending on the urgency of the settings changes, and the saved data is the one the instance loaded on startup + the changes done during its own session, but won't account for changes brought to the files in between by other viewer instances); the viewer must share the same files as with other Cool VL Viewer instances (it however does not care about other viewer "brands", since its files are different from theirs) and must avoid conflicts between them, so it gives up on modifying any shared file (saved logins, global settings, caches, etc) whenever it detects that another Cool VL Viewer instance is already running.

Since you are new to the viewer, simply login once and from a single running instance with each account; this will get all your logins saved; alternatively, make sure you login with a different (not yet saved) avatar in the first viewer instance (the first instance "owns" the login data file and will save the avatar login credentials used for it).

2022-05-16 08:20:35
Profile WWW

Thank you, Henri. It wasn't a big deal and, as you say, once the avatars are in the list, the job is done :)

2022-05-16 13:42:13
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]