Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 23:51:50

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
edit objects of friends who allowed me to do so not working 

Hi!

Since a short time (maybe after that last update or the one before?) I'm not able anymore to edit objects of friends where I am allowed to do so..

Has something changed?

2023-04-06 17:10:52

Nothing changed viewer-side, and I can still edit objects pertaining to avatars having granted permission to do so.

Verify that:
  • You still have the permission to edit the objects of that avatar in the Friends list.
  • The object has not been locked (in the "Edit" floater, "Object" tab, "Locked" check box), since nobody but the owner may unlock and allow editing that kind of objects.
  • The object is not deeded to a group (in which case the original owner permissions do not count any more and you must pertain to the group with the proper power).

2023-04-06 17:53:10
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Nothing changed viewer-side, and I can still edit objects pertaining to avatars having granted permission to do so.

Verify that:
    Quote:
  • You still have the permission to edit the objects of that avatar in the Friends list.
  • Checked (and that was the only one I was aware of)

Quote:
  • The object has not been locked (in the "Edit" floater, "Object" tab, "Locked" check box), since nobody but the owner may unlock and allow editing that kind of objects.
  • The object is not deeded to a group (in which case the original owner permissions do not count any more and you must pertain to the group with the proper power)
  • These I have to check..Currently I don't believe that my friends have changed that and I was able to edit the objects before.. and it's not just one object, but all... I'll find out.
    thank you for the fast reply!

2023-04-06 17:58:31

Also verify that you do not have "Select only my objects" and/or "Select only movable objects" checked in the "Tools" menu...

2023-04-06 18:04:21
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Also verify that you do not have "Select only my objects" and/or "Select only movable objects" checked in the "Tools" menu...

That's it. Thanks Henri. You may remember that I asked for a way to measure my LI (or similar) and that this toggle makes it easier to find and select your own objects.. that is what was different.

2023-04-06 23:13:32
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]