Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 09:33:01

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Where do I paste my SLURL? 

Sorry for a newbie question, but for the life of me I can't figure out where to paste a SLURL I have.

For reasons, I can't (as "don't want") to make Cool VL Viewer the default handler for SLURLs; rather, I just want to copy-and-paste the SLURL to an address bar...

... except that I can't figure out where the address bar is?

2022-12-13 10:00:21

I'm not sure Cool VL Viewer has an 'address bar' any more. Even when it might have, I think I had it turned off. You can paste a SLURL into local chat and then click it to get the Landmark dialog for it. Teleport from that then.

2022-12-13 10:59:15

ZaneZimer wrote:
I'm not sure Cool VL Viewer has an 'address bar' any more. Even when it might have, I think I had it turned off. You can paste a SLURL into local chat and then click it to get the Landmark dialog for it. Teleport from that then.

Hm, afraid of that.

It's kinda spammy for others if I do that, sadly.

Oh well. One's gotta do what one's gotta do...

2022-12-13 11:42:39

There never has been any such thing as an "address bar" in v1 viewers...

However, the Cool VL Viewer got Lua, that you may use to print an SLURL in char without spamming people around you. Type in chat:
Code:
/lua print("your_slurl_here")
And then open the chat history to click on the link...

Even better, you can directly open an SLURL, still using Lua:
Code:
/lua DispatchSLURL("your_slurl_here")

Of course, you can make it even fancier, and use Lua in your custom automation script to:
  • Create a side bar button that would open an input line Lua dialog and dispatch the SLURL you type or paste in it.
  • Directly dispatch any SLURL contained in the paste buffer via a simple click on a side bar button.

See the Lua manual.

2022-12-13 13:37:27
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
There never has been any such thing as an "address bar" in v1 viewers...

However, the Cool VL Viewer got Lua, that you may use to print an SLURL in char without spamming people around you. Type in chat:
Code:
/lua print("your_slurl_here")
And then open the chat history to click on the link...

Even better, you can directly open an SLURL, still using Lua:
Code:
/lua DispatchSLURL("your_slurl_here")

Of course, you can make it even fancier, and use Lua in your custom automation script to:
  • Create a side bar button that would open an input line Lua dialog and dispatch the SLURL you type or paste in it.
  • Directly dispatch any SLURL contained in the paste buffer via a simple click on a side bar button.

See the Lua manual.

Ah, gotcha!

I think I'm going to take the second from last option ... saves me from having to type too many things there :D

Click a button, paste SLURL, and go.

2022-12-14 03:54:32

Yeay, it works!

I adapted the sample code in the documentation and went with this:

Code:
function OnLogin(location)
    SideBarHideOnRightClick()
    SideBarHide(false)
    SideBarButton(1, "\u{2699}", "OpenFloater('preferences')", "Opens the Preferences floater")
    SideBarButton(2, "inv_item_landmark_visited.tga", "OpenFloater('teleport history')", "Opens the Teleport history")
    SideBarButton(3, "TP", "MakeDialog('Teleport to', 'Paste SLURL to teleport to', '', 'Go', '', 'Cancel', 'DialogClose()', '', 'DialogClose()')", "Teleports to a SLURL")
end

function OnSideBarVisibilityChange(visible)
    if visible then
        StatusBarLuaIcon("")
    else
        StatusBarLuaIcon("SideBarHide(false)", "Shows the Lua buttons side bar")
    end
end

function OnLuaDialogClose(title, button, text)
    if title == "Teleport to" then
        if button == 1 then
            DispatchSLURL(text)
        end
    end
end

And it works! -ish.

Have to click the "Teleport" button in the landmark viewer floater that pops up, but at least now I have a way to teleport to a SLURL without needing to spam the local chat and/or typing too much. Just a total of 4 clicks :-)

2022-12-14 07:29:27

claire_m wrote:
And it works! -ish.
Congrats for your first Lua script ! :)

Quote:
Have to click the "Teleport" button in the landmark viewer floater that pops up, but at least now I have a way to teleport to a SLURL without needing to spam the local chat and/or typing too much. Just a total of 4 clicks :-)
Well, to bypass the preview floater and provided you got RLV enabled, you could also use the ExecuteRLV() Lua function, and the @tpto RLV command... It would require some SLURL parsing in Lua to make the proper parameter for @tpto (ExecuteRLV("tpto:<region_name>/<X_local>/<Y_local>/<Z_local>=force")), but it is not that hard... ;)

2022-12-14 08:55:28
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
claire_m wrote:
And it works! -ish.
Congrats for your first Lua script ! :)

Quote:
Well, to bypass the preview floater and provided you got RLV enabled, you could also use the ExecuteRLV() Lua function, and the @tpto RLV command... It would require some SLURL parsing in Lua to make the proper parameter for @tpto (ExecuteRLV("tpto:<region_name>/<X_local>/<Y_local>/<Z_local>=force")), but it is not that hard... ;)

After some thinking, I actually don't mind having the floater appear first.

Sometimes I butter-fingered and/or copied the wrong SLURL, so it's like a final check before doing the jump :-)

Edit: Also, knowing that the SLURL will be 'passed' to the proper floater depending on what's inside, it's actually become a nice thing to check _any_ SLURL, not just TP dests. Like, for instance, if I was given a SLURL for a Group or somesuch. It has become the PowerfulDecoderButton :D

2022-12-14 09:37:27
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]