Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-27 14:35:58

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Animation length and priority 

Hello!

Is there a way to see the length and the priority or an animation? The only thing I found is Advanced > Character > Animation Info, but that seems to show all little movements that occur as part of an animation. I'm looking just want the full length and priority of a whole animation, as we buy it, in order to make choreographies and/or AOs.

Thanks.

2024-01-29 19:50:04

The "Animation info" feature does list the priority: this is the number after the dash, normally between 0 and 5 (with 5 a "bonus" to the maximum priority (which is normally 4) offered by TPVs for animations uploaded with them, including the Cool VL Viewer, if you increases the "AnimationMaxPriority" setting to 5 in the latter).

There is however no direct way to get the animation length... Well, was, because I just added it to the Animation info :P

2024-01-29 23:21:30
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
There is however no direct way to get the animation length... Well, was, because I just added it to the Animation info :P

Thanks! :D

And since we're on the subject, even when I'm completely still (AO off), I still get quite a full list or animations running:
The animations with names come from the mesh body/head, I presume, but what's with the ones showing as UUIDs? What are these animations?

2024-01-30 11:49:14

g0rd0ngrfr33mailgr wrote:
The animations with names come from the mesh body/head, I presume
No, they are the default SL animations applied to all avatars.
g0rd0ngrfr33mailgr wrote:
but what's with the ones showing as UUIDs? What are these animations?
Likely from your scripted mesh body... Animations with UUIDs are the ones played by scripts on your avatar; these can be one-shot animations (llStartAnimation() & Co), or animation overrides defined by scripts (llSetAnimationOverride( ) & Co) and the latter may keep playing (since they are overrides to SL default animations), even after the scripted item has been removed (if it did not call llResetAnimationOverride() on detach event), or stopped.

You may stop externally started animations in the Cool VL Viewer with "World" -> "Stop animating my avatar", the scope of the latter feature being configurable via the "Preferences" floater, "Cool features" tab, "Animations" sub-tab, "On 'Stop animating my avatar' ..." check boxes.

2024-01-30 13:14:23
Profile WWW

Thanks for the explanation and for the addition of the length :-)

2024-01-30 13:24:30
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]