Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-29 03:05:40

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Keep Chat Box open? 

A wishlist item (unless it's there and I just can't find it): I'd like the Chat box to always stay open. I'm not sure just what I do that closes it, since I do NOT have the "Close chat bar after hitting return" box checked. My preference would be that the chat bar opened by hitting the CHAT button, and would only close by again hitting the CHAT button.

While we're at it, is it possible to make the "Press Enter to say..." tip go away? It's always coming up and blocking what I type.

Thanks!

2011-01-27 12:02:20

I simply cannot understand your request...

The chat bar *does* stay open as long as you don't press again on the Chat button of the toolbar and that you don't have the "Close chat bar after hitting return" setting checked in the chat preferences tab, and the chat history (nearby chat) floater also stays open as long as you don't disable it with the "History" button of the chat bar...

As for disabling the tooltip, I don't plan on implementing a setting for it (I personally simply make sure to move my mouse cursor out of the chat bar, or on its rightmost side when I type text in it), but you can do it yourself by deleting it from the skins/default/xui/en-us/panel_chat_bar.xml file (remove: tool_tip="Press Enter to say, Ctrl-Enter to shout, Shift-Enter to whisper." in that file, and restart the viewer).

2011-01-27 13:21:37
Profile WWW

First, THANK YOU for the tooltip fix! Did that; works like a charm.
On the Chat Box issue, I'll have to slow down and see what I'm doing that's causing it to close. I may be hitting ESC without even thinking, but I'll let you know.
Thanks again!

2011-01-28 00:11:49
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]