Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-24 09:19:47

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Bad rezzing and lag with latest download... 

Until very recently, I only used Phoenix viewer. However about a month ago, I noticed phoenix latest download was terribly slow to rez SL and crashed frequently.

Imagine my pleasant surprise when tried cool viewer....it rezzed faster and the texture detail was superior! I had always suspected Phoenix was getting worse with each new release, and imo was never as good as Emerald, which of course LL conveniently found reason to ban, easing the embarrassment of LL viewer 2's abysmal performance.

Alas!! Since these last two days, Cool VL viewer has almost ground to a halt for me, strangely enough within a day or two of the latest download. :cry:

I used to have a friend worked for LL, and she never used the latest download for any viewer, her opinion was that problems ensue and the user is used to find any bugs the hard way :O)

Is there a way to revert to the previous cool viewer version?

2011-05-05 19:14:00

There was no change in the latest release that could explain such a problem, problem that I don't even see happening here anyway.

My guess is that you got a crappy connection. Also search this forum for "MTU" and see if it can help you configuring your network to avoid lost packets.

2011-05-06 00:47:11
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]