Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-23 12:43:34

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Loss of movement 

I am not sure if anyone else get's this. A few times now I have been in SL walking around using the arrow keys then all of a sudden you can't move..can't turn ... nothing. If you then bring up the movement arrows you can use them to move fine.. Has anyone had this happen.. as is rather annoying..lol hs happened a few times now. I have tried other viewers and no problem at all for hours. I just got on and withing 10 mins no response from arrow keys on keyboard again. :(

2011-09-17 23:19:19

You simply typed some text (or space(s)) in the chat input line and it then takes priority for the arrow keys. If you don't want to give priority to the chat bar, change the corresponding setting: in "Preferences" -> "Input & Camera", check "Arrow keys always move avatar, even when typing in chat bar".

2011-09-17 23:56:25
Profile WWW

Slaps forehead..lol forgot all about that.. Other question I have .. I notice when I wear things like lip rings.. nipple rings (not sculpties) if i remove them and wear again they appear. if I TP somewhere i can't see them or just part of them.. but others can.. ( any reason for that.. or something i can fix?)

2011-09-18 00:18:28

Nitewolf wrote:
Other question I have .. I notice when I wear things like lip rings.. nipple rings (not sculpties) if i remove them and wear again they appear. if I TP somewhere i can't see them or just part of them.. but others can.. ( any reason for that.. or something i can fix?)

Do you by any chance have tinkered with the RenderVolumeLOD debug setting and upped it to something around or above 3? I've observed the issue with this set to 4. From what I've read here, the support for that is borked in Snowglobe and above.

However when an attachment goes AWOL like that, simply right-click its remaining parts, and it will reappear for you. Also zooming out and in close again may help make things reappear.

Love,
Lia

2011-09-18 06:08:07
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]