Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 08:12:10

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Not yet a feature request but a question first 

Hello,
First i think it will be better to explain certain things before asking my question:
I was (and i'm always) a big fan of Imprudence 1.4.0, i've abandonned it because it don't have meshes and physics (lesser problem). Searching the web i've found the Cool vl Viewer who work greatly on my linux 64 bit but i've always a regret (and it's why i come today for this question):
Is it possible (in a way or another) to have in Cool vl the same communication window and the same mini map as in Imprudence 1.4.0?
Thanks

2012-02-16 13:59:48

pierrottin wrote:
Hello,
First i think it will be better to explain certain things before asking my question:
I was (and i'm always) a big fan of Imprudence 1.4.0, i've abandonned it because it don't have meshes and physics (lesser problem). Searching the web i've found the Cool vl Viewer who work greatly on my linux 64 bit but i've always a regret (and it's why i come today for this question):
Is it possible (in a way or another) to have in Cool vl the same communication window
Reply already given in this thread and this other thread...

Quote:
and the same mini map as in Imprudence 1.4.0?
No, and not planning to change the mini-map... The Cool VL Viewer got a separate Radar floater and therefore doesn't need Imprudence's combined mini-map/radar.

2012-02-16 15:41:35
Profile WWW

Hello Henri,
For your first answer i'm sorry but there is nothing related to my question in the two threads indicated by you.
About your second answer, well it's clear enough.

2012-02-17 09:54:51

pierrottin wrote:
For your first answer i'm sorry but there is nothing related to my question in the two threads indicated by you.
The replies deal with how to make the Cool VL Viewer's communication window more v1.2x (and Imprudence, and Phoenix, etc) alike. I can't make a more accurate reply to a vague and inaccurate question...

In any case the Cool VL Viewer's UI will NOT be changed to be made more Imprudence (or Phoenix, or any viewer) alike. The UI is and will always be what it already was on the very first release of the Cool VL Viewer (first public release was 1.18.4.3, but my first (private) viewer dates back from v1.17 days...): one of the key features of my viewer is UI stability.

2012-02-17 12:53:46
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
pierrottin wrote:
The replies deal with how to make the Cool VL Viewer's communication window more v1.2x (and Imprudence, and Phoenix, etc) alike. I can't make a more accurate reply to a vague and inaccurate question...

In any case the Cool VL Viewer's UI will NOT be changed to be made more Imprudence (or Phoenix, or any viewer) alike. The UI is and will always be what it already was on the very first release of the Cool VL Viewer (first public release was 1.18.4.3, but my first (private) viewer dates back from v1.17 days...): one of the key features of my viewer is UI stability.

UI stability???
not sure as you...the last release crash more often than the others
and...stability doesn't means immobility
also if you found my questions vague or inaccurate....learn to read

2012-02-19 01:22:07

pierrottin wrote:
UI stability???
not sure as you...the last release crash more often than the others
If you encounter crashes, report them. "UI stability" doesn't have anything to do with this however. It simply means that the UI doesn't vary from one release to the next.

Quote:
and...stability doesn't means immobility
If you don't like it, I encourage you to move on and use another viewer.

Quote:
also if you found my questions vague or inaccurate....learn to read
Learn to write and to describe properly your issues, but again, you are welcome to go see elsewhere and go search for greener pastures if you are not happy !

2012-02-19 08:54:02
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]