Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-29 01:11:02

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Outbox? 

Will it ever be in CoolVL?) Maybe as a folder in inventory :roll:

2012-03-22 08:22:20

The "Merchant Outbox" should appear as a normal folder in your inventory (beware, it can be deleted and, apparently, deleting it is final unlike what happens for all other v2/3 system folders that can all be recreated). There is however no support for it. I might add support to the viewer, but I'd rather let other TPV developers implement it and reuse their work rather than wasting my own time on a feature I'll personally never use (yes, I did get rid of the "Merchant Outbox" in my own inventory !): I prefer to keep using the magic boxes and I don't want more clutter added to my inventory...

2012-03-22 09:17:43
Profile WWW

You (and many others) might prefer them, but according to the KB article on direct delivery, "May 16, 2012: Magic Boxes no longer allowed for any Marketplace listing".

It also does currently appear, but there seems to be the requirement of a "Send to Marketplace" button for it to completely work.

2012-03-23 04:07:45

Moonfire is correct. The Commerce Team has made it clear that as of 5/16, Magic Boxes will simply stop working. Whether they follow through completely is another thing. Direct Delivery has obviously slowed the Marketplace wayyyy down. That may be in part due to everyone moving stuff around and having to support two delivery methods. I have no idea.

I hope CoolVL supports the Outbox fully sooner rather than later. The FPS I get from it are crazy better than anything based on V3. I hate to switch back and forth but right now it's necessary. :(

2012-03-23 21:07:34

Snickers wrote:
he Commerce Team has made it clear that as of 5/16, Magic Boxes will simply stop working.

Oh, maybe this will clear marketplace from tons of sh*t finally... I'm excited.

2012-03-23 21:53:46

Moonfire wrote:
You (and many others) might prefer them, but according to the KB article on direct delivery, "May 16, 2012: Magic Boxes no longer allowed for any Marketplace listing".
Darn !... I didn't notice that... I really HATE it when LL shoves down our throat changes that we never asked for !

Quote:
It also does currently appear, but there seems to be the requirement of a "Send to Marketplace" button for it to completely work.
In fact, there seem to be some disabled and unfinished code in LL's viewer for allowing to deal with the Merchant Outbox just like another inventory folder (i.e. without a separate floater). I'll probably implement it this way (with special "Send to Marketplace" action in the context menu for the outbox, and I'll have too to deal with drag and drop stuff, permissions checking, etc).

In the mean time, the next releases will have special icons for the inbox ("Received Items") and outbox ("Merchant Outbox"), the outbox will be protected against deletion (since its re-creation seems highly glitchy and random, unlike the inbox that is always re-created successfully on delivery if it was deleted), and I also added a "Hide Empty System Folders" option to the inventory (similar to latest v3.3 viewers, but "togglable").

2012-03-23 22:51:49
Profile WWW

Btw what happens if we try to create folder named "Merchant Outbox"? To recieve one?

2012-03-24 00:07:55

WebGearbox wrote:
Btw what happens if we try to create folder named "Merchant Outbox"? To recieve one?
It won't work: the folder got a special type. I could add a hack to the viewer so that it creates such a folder type, but I'm not even sure it would be enough (there is perhaps some more flags, for security reasons, that are stored in the asset server and not visible/settable by the viewers)...

2012-03-24 00:18:39
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
WebGearbox wrote:
It won't work: the folder got a special type. I could add a hack to the viewer so that it creates such a folder type, but I'm not even sure it would be enough (there is perhaps some more flags, for security reasons, that are stored in the asset server and not visible/settable by the viewers)...

So the new folder will be created and it wont ruin anything? Good, good.
And.. Um.. Can you make the folder to sort at the top with other "Important folders" and make it have own icon, maybe?.. And maybe make it impossible to delete it via the viewer...

2012-03-24 11:51:17

WebGearbox wrote:
Henri Beauchamp wrote:
WebGearbox wrote:

So the new folder will be created and it wont ruin anything? Good, good.
And.. Um.. Can you make the folder to sort at the top with other "Important folders" and make it have own icon, maybe?.. And maybe make it impossible to delete it via the viewer...
Err... Did you read the announcement forum, where v1.26.2.23 and v1.26.4.5 were announced even before you posted ?...

2012-03-24 14:18:01
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next