Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-16 15:04:06

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Outbox? 

Nitewolf wrote:
Well I think you are very wrong there.. there are heaps of them.. more than you realise.. so just means now Cool VL does not counter for anyone selling anything not copyable.. and that includes alot of stuff you can buy no copy but is transferable.. should look on the market sometime... you'll see alot of items as such. I also do one off tattoos that are not copyable & sold. It's not just about breedables.. it's about anything you have that could be sold but it has No Copy on it.. and you'd have some in your inventory as well.. that say No Copy No Mod but you CAN transfer them.
*You* are wrong. Anything that *you* create and sell, even as a no-transfer and no-copy item can go through the Outbox without problem. What you *must* have is copy and transfer rights *for yourself* (not for next owner).

I'm not going to change the way the outbox works just because of the "breedable" stuff, sorry... If you are not happy with my implementation, you are welcome to use another viewer.

2012-04-08 23:37:27
Profile WWW

Nitewolf wrote:
Well I think you are very wrong there.. there are heaps of them.. more than you realise.. so just means now Cool VL does not counter for anyone selling anything not copyable.. and that includes alot of stuff you can buy no copy but is transferable.. should look on the market sometime... you'll see alot of items as such. I also do one off tattoos that are not copyable & sold. It's not just about breedables.. it's about anything you have that could be sold but it has No Copy on it.. and you'd have some in your inventory as well.. that say No Copy No Mod but you CAN transfer them.

It's not unique to Cool VL; Direct Delivery for SLM currently doesn't support these type of items where the owner doesn't have copy perms: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release ... own_Issues
http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merc ... -p/1463079

With Magic Boxes you could do it. With Direct Delivery you can't until LL includes that functionality.

2012-04-08 23:39:38

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
To send the items contained in the outbox to the Marketplace, simply right-click on the "Merchant Outbox" folder and choose "Send to the Marketplace" in the context menu. Notifications will tell you when the send completes (or fails), and on completion, the corresponding sent items are removed from the outbox (and appear in your Marketplace inventory, on the website).

I don't get any "Send to the Marketplace" option in the context menu of the Merchant Outbox folder. There's only the usual stuff like any other folder has. Did I miss something? Do I have to activate something? :?

2012-04-09 13:44:20

Vilandra Miles wrote:
Henri Beauchamp wrote:
To send the items contained in the outbox to the Marketplace, simply right-click on the "Merchant Outbox" folder and choose "Send to the Marketplace" in the context menu. Notifications will tell you when the send completes (or fails), and on completion, the corresponding sent items are removed from the outbox (and appear in your Marketplace inventory, on the website).

I don't get any "Send to the Marketplace" option in the context menu of the Merchant Outbox folder. There's only the usual stuff like any other folder has. Did I miss something? Do I have to activate something? :?
It's not in v1.26.2, only in the latest v1.26.4

2012-04-09 15:42:13
Profile WWW

I'm pretty sure I just downloaded and installed the latest version... anyways... I'm gonna do this all over now *lol*
I can't be THAT blonde... can I? :roll:

EDIT:
Oh dear... I didn't know each update creates it's own folder in programms now... No wonder the multiple layer didn't really want to work in the past either...

Anyways, all clear and should be working now. Blondie got it all figured out now. 8-)

2012-04-09 15:45:19

Vilandra Miles wrote:
Oh dear... I didn't know each update creates it's own folder in programms now...
Not each update (e.g. v1.26.4.5 and v1.26.4.6 install in the same folder), but each branch (v1.26.2.x, v1.26.4.x, etc), yes, obviously...

2012-04-09 17:12:27
Profile WWW

right now you can't sell no copy items through direct delivery anyways, so if you want to sell your meeroo nests or kittycats kittens on the marketplace, stick to magic boxes.

2012-04-10 09:08:44
Profile YIM WWW

Lance Corrimal wrote:
right now you can't sell no copy items through direct delivery anyways, so if you want to sell your meeroo nests or kittycats kittens on the marketplace, stick to magic boxes.
In fact, I'd recommend anyone to stick to magic boxes for now... Not because of the viewer side of the Merchant Outbox implementation, but because direct delivery simply does not work properly on the server side. It's still full of bugs and I myself reverted everything to magic boxes till everything is fixed and LL shuts the magic boxes down.

I really don't see why LL didn't stick with magic boxes. In now over 5 years of using them, I never came across a problem (there have been perhaps 5 or so delivery failures in total, but a simple "redeliver" fixed it, when the direct delivery "redeliver" feature is broken since it redelivers to the buyer and not to the recipient, meaning gifts are redelivered to the wrong person !).

2012-04-10 15:11:56
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3