Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 23:30:36

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Doubleclick Add Item 

hello!

i just downloaded Cool Viewer (VL) 1.26.4 and i'm wondering if there is an add item to avatar function by doubleclicking in inventory, it does add items when dropping avatar folders onto yourself, and i've tried looking all over the debug settings for a similar command, but i can't seem to find it. if it's not in the viewer already then it'd be a good feature to add later on c:

anyway, that's all i was asking ^v^

2012-10-26 22:53:55

Double-clicking a wearable or an object in the inventory causes the viewer to "Wear" that item ("Wear" kicks off previously worn item(s) on the same spot). If you want to "Add" (i.e not kicking off other already worn item(s) on the same spot), then you must right-click and "Add" from the context menu.
Also, double-clicking a worn item removes/detaches it (and only that item).

2012-10-27 00:07:55
Profile WWW

yeah, i know, i've used viewers with that function, but what i mean is a function so that you doubleclick, and it'll automatically add that item, dependant on if you have the feature enabled or not

i don't use outfits, so when i go to put something on i'd rather not have to keep right clicking an item and clicking add, it gets tiring and i've had to do it before endlessly >v<

2012-10-27 18:51:20

Ah, so what you would want to see is probably an added option to Preferences/Cool Features, like "Double-clicking a wearable inventory-item ADDs that item instead of WEARing it". Right?

I agree that this would be useful. I often find myself out of habit double-clicking an item when I actually wanted to add it. Happens mostly with tattoo-layers or attachments for me.

The default should probably be to have this disabled in order not to confuse people who are used to the usual behavior of a double-click.

2012-10-27 21:17:59

Nicolette Lefevre wrote:
Ah, so what you would want to see is probably an added option to Preferences/Cool Features, like "Double-clicking a wearable inventory-item ADDs that item instead of WEARing it". Right?

I agree that this would be useful. I often find myself out of habit double-clicking an item when I actually wanted to add it. Happens mostly with tattoo-layers or attachments for me.

The default should probably be to have this disabled in order not to confuse people who are used to the usual behavior of a double-click.

that's right, you hit the nail on the head right there, i'd love to have that feature added
i just realized i made this topic the wrong name too :D owell c:

2012-10-28 00:29:48

Nicolette Lefevre wrote:
Ah, so what you would want to see is probably an added option to Preferences/Cool Features, like "Double-clicking a wearable inventory-item ADDs that item instead of WEARing it". Right

+ 1 on this, I'd like it too. I almost never want to 'wear' something, almost always 'add' it… So being able to make it the default would be nice indeed. :)

2012-10-30 12:03:40

ErikaThorkveld wrote:
Nicolette Lefevre wrote:
Ah, so what you would want to see is probably an added option to Preferences/Cool Features, like "Double-clicking a wearable inventory-item ADDs that item instead of WEARing it". Right

+ 1 on this, I'd like it too. I almost never want to 'wear' something, almost always 'add' it… So being able to make it the default would be nice indeed. :)

I'd vote for this too!! :)

2012-10-30 15:00:26

Well, if we're voting, I give my +1 too. I was checking out Haloween outfits yesterday (with AOs some of them), and I had to rewear all my HUDs afterwards.

2012-10-30 20:21:14

Just as long as Add doesn't become a fixed default behaviour, as it did in LL's v2 viewer at the folder level (if you didn't use Outfits). That was one of LL's seriously annoying decisions for me, because I make extensive use of the "push-off" behaviour of the Wear function to removed unneeded clothes, avi attachments, HUDs etc. I've even created transparent self-removing dummy attachments that push-off unneeded items and then detach themselves automatically. Typically, the only time I use the Add function is where I have multiple objects sharing the same Attachment Point.

2012-11-05 22:04:21

linyifei wrote:
Just as long as Add doesn't become a fixed default behaviour, as it did in LL's v2 viewer at the folder level (if you didn't use Outfits). That was one of LL's seriously annoying decisions for me, because I make extensive use of the "push-off" behaviour of the Wear function to removed unneeded clothes, avi attachments, HUDs etc. I've even created transparent self-removing dummy attachments that push-off unneeded items and then detach themselves automatically. Typically, the only time I use the Add function is where I have multiple objects sharing the same Attachment Point.

I think the original idea was to have a preference to change the default behaviour, not change the default behaviour itself. And I think it would be better too: no need to surprise people with a default behaviour changing for no real reason, that's why we all hate the V2/V3 official viewer I guess. ;)

2012-11-06 13:04:51
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next