Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-19 10:39:15

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
CV drops llOwnerSay messages starting with tab 

hi all :)

i'm not sure if this is bug or feature... i just installed CV and noticed an inconsistent behavior with SL viewer: my Cool Viewer does not produce any output from llOwnerSay messages that begin with tabulator \t or by a tab that the script editor has put there, converting blanks to tab.
For example this script
Code:
{
    state_entry()
    {
            llOwnerSay("\tHello world");
    }

}

works OK in the SL viewer but in CV it says nothing.
My CV version is
Cool Viewer 1.22.11 (0) Apr 24 2009 21:07:44 (Cool SL Viewer)
RestrainedLife viewer v1.16.2 (CV 1.22.11.0)

What's up there? Am I missing something obvious, in settings?

2009-05-21 12:39:54

Yes, this seems to be a RestrainedLife bug (it does not happen when RestrainedLife is disabled). I'll have a look for the next release.

2009-05-21 13:31:29
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Yes, this seems to be a RestrainedLife bug (it does not happen when RestrainedLife is disabled). I'll have a look for the next release.

Thank you Henri :) I thought RLV intercepts only messages starting with @, but it seems to fool around with other messages too. :) While waiting for the fix, I know how to avoid that.

2009-05-21 16:57:44

This proved to be a "feature" (so that non-RLV users could see some specific llOwnerSay() messages and not RLV users).

However, I decided to remove this "feature" since it becomes a "bug" when dealing with non-RL scripted objects using spaces to indent a list of reports, for example.

I also told Marine I was reverting this change and proposed that instead of filtering llOwnerSay() messages beginning with two spaces, the RL patch would filter messages starting with "@" followed with a space. Since everything starting with "@" is already considered a RL command, there is no risk of an added conflict with existing non-RL scripts...

I am moving this thread to the RestrainedLife forum, since it's now more about a RL feature change than about a bug...

2009-05-23 13:58:20
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]