Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 13:40:38

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
New RLV camera restriction error 

I've found what appears to be a bug in the RLV camera restriction in the latest Cool VL Viewers (1.26.12.8 and .7). @camdrawmax doesn't prevent *flycam* from moving the camera out of it's restricted area. I didn't test any other settings but my guess is that you probably just overlooked flycam when adding them. :) I'm passing the info on to Marine too. The RestrainedLove viewer is also affected.

I use a spaceball for navagation. I didn't test with just a joystick.

There's no crash, so i'm not including any logs, but if you want them, or if there's anything else I can do to provide more info, just holler at me here.

And as always, thank you.

2014-07-20 02:47:27

Ibrew Meads wrote:
I've found what appears to be a bug in the RLV camera restriction in the latest Cool VL Viewers (1.26.12.8 and .7). @camdrawmax doesn't prevent *flycam* from moving the camera out of it's restricted area. I didn't test any other settings but my guess is that you probably just overlooked flycam when adding them. :)
It's quite possible: I didn't test the feature extensively (as a genuine role-player, camera restrictions, which are OOC restrictions, are unacceptable to me and thus blacklisted): I simply backported Marine's code (fixing the obvious, code-level bugs), but didn't check the algorithm itself.

Quote:
I'm passing the info on to Marine too. The RestrainedLove viewer is also affected.
Yes, Marine is the person to address the bug report to. I will backport her changes when she will have the issue fixed.

Quote:
I use a spaceball for navagation. I didn't test with just a joystick.
I don't even have a joystick (well, got one, but it dates back from the "game port" days, in the 90s, and never needed to buy a newer one for my newer, game-port-less computers...), and even less a "spaceball" (whatever it is), so no wonder I didn't find this issue while testing the new code.

2014-07-20 08:06:36
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]