Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 19:05:10

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
RLV Folder problems 

Hello,

i am an RLV user, and i have a problem. Perhaps i show you my folders in my inventory:

#RLV
> Clothings
> Latex 01
Latex - 01 - Moyet Antrax Corset

thats it, when right click the folder "Latex - 01 - Moyet Antrax Corset" and select then "add to outfit" the name from the folder is changed to ".(righ hand)"
That happens with all folders in it. Also when i wear one item, or unwear it, the folder is also renamed

I really would love when you could help me, what is wrong.

Greetings
MarionMiley Resident

2018-05-08 20:21:14

Nothing is wrong. It is the expected behaviour for no-mod items that do not have the attach point sub-string in their name. Please, see the RLV documentation (under "HOW TO SHARE NO-MODIFY ITEMS").

2018-05-08 22:55:06
Profile WWW

thank you Henry, i used Firestorm before with RLVa, i knows its difference to Marines RLV, but there is no change from the folder name.

Thats why i am curious.

But that will help me. thanks

MarionMiley

2018-05-09 05:50:30

If you want to include no-mod items in folders controlled by RLV without the folders getting renamed, put links to the no-mod items in the RLV folder, instead of copies of the items.

2018-06-04 23:22:19

linyifei wrote:
If you want to include no-mod items in folders controlled by RLV without the folders getting renamed, put links to the no-mod items in the RLV folder, instead of copies of the items.

This won't work properly: RLV *needs* to have the attachment point name in the inventory object name and links cannot be renamed.

2018-06-04 23:30:14
Profile WWW

Hmm... Then I don't understand what's going on. I've been doing this for years, and it seems to work fine for me. Here is an example from my testing alt:

In a folder called DefaultHair2 (now renamed to .(skull) by RLV), I placed copies of a hair and hairbase that are both nomod. In the folder named DefaultHair, I placed links to copies of the same nomod hair and hairbase located in another, non-RLV folder. Then I used RLV-scripted attachments to put on each folder in turn. As expected, RLV renamed the folder that contained the actual no-mod items, before putting them on successfully. RLV did not rename the folder that contained the links to nomod items, or rename the items themselves, but it did still successfully attach its contents. Then I created a third folder called DefaultHair3, put a moddable hair in it, and used RLV to put that folder on. As expected, RLV renamed the moddable hair, adding the attachment point name, and successfully attached the hair.

I'm quite sure you know more about RLV than I do, so I am totally puzzled. It looks as if RLV simply attaches links regardless, presumably using the last attachment point to which the linked object was attached.

2018-06-05 03:19:37

This works only because your no-mod item is in #RLV and therefore did get the .attachment-pt-name folder renamed as its parent folder. This won't work if your no-mod hair item was located elsewhere in your inventory without an .attachment-pt-name folder to hold it.

2018-06-05 06:33:57
Profile WWW

But how did the links in the folder #RLV/>Hair/Default Hair get attached? They link to copies of the nomod items that are not in the #RLV folder hierarchy at all. The arrangement in the image below works fine, without any copy of the no-mod hair and hairbase in the #RLV folder tree at all:

Does it work because of the way my script does the attaching? I use this RLV command:
Code:
llOwnerSay("@detach:skull=force,attachall:>Hair/DefaultHair=force");

2018-06-05 09:20:18

The problem is not about successful attaching or not, but about avoiding to kick "locked" worn attachments on the same point: there is no way, for the viewer, to know to which attachment point an object will be attached via a "Wear" action; the default attachment point info is kept server side and it's the server that reports a successful attach action and where the object did attach in reply to the viewer "Wear" request. To avoid kicking "locked" attachments (for which there is no actual "lock" server side), the RestrainedLove code renames the attached objects in the #RLV directory so that their name includes the attachment points name; this way, next time you try and "Wear" them, RestrainedLove can first check that they won't kick another "locked" attachment and take appropriate action. With no-mod items, their name cannot be changed, thus the container folder trick.

If you do not respect the layout (with the container folder) for the no-mod attachments, you simply risk seeing them kick other "locked" attachments when worn. Of course, RLV since implemented an automatic re-wear for kicked locked attachments, but this can nonetheless cause the scripts of the latter to consider you cheated.

2018-06-05 10:25:37
Profile WWW

Oh... I see. Thank you for your patient explanation, Henri.

I didn't understand this at all, probably because I don't use RLV "properly" for its intended purpose, but only to automate my oufits, and control parts of them from scripts I write myself. I'll try to be careful, in future, not to make potentially misleading posts based on my non-BDSM use of RLV.

2018-06-05 13:13:27
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]