Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 22:18:35

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
RLV re-sit issue with @unsit=n 

Hi Henri,

i just noticed that i am not getting put back on objects that have issued an "@unsit=n" after a relog. normally i would suspect a relay but i tried a few including cool hud 3.40, and each time i get the restrictions applied, but not re-seated. I looked around and did not see any RLV features disabled in my viewer. I also tried to duplicate on Marine's viewer to see if it is something inherited, but her viewer has some unique issues with my system, (it seems to run smooth then freeze every few seconds). I tried an RLVa viewer, and was re-sat properly, so unfortunately that's about as much debug as i can do here.

Reproducing this is simply finding a reliable piece of RLV furniture that supports re-sits, getting locked into it and then re-logging to see what happens.

Hopefully you can take a look at this and see if its a something wrong with my local setup, and offer a suggestion (other than hitting it with a hammer :P ), or a strange RLV behavor.

Thank you as always!
~Lycia

2018-10-29 23:10:16

Lycia_Undercroft wrote:
i just noticed that i am not getting put back on objects that have issued an "@unsit=n" after a relog. normally i would suspect a relay but i tried a few including cool hud 3.40, and each time i get the restrictions applied, but not re-seated.
The viewer itself is for nothing in this type of failure. The sit-back on relog action is a combination of the RestrainedLove relay and RestrainedLove device actions, the viewer itself simply executing the commands sent by the relay as a result of its interaction with the device.

What should happen on relog, after you logged off while locked on a device with an active relay is:
- The relay checks its state and if it notices you were locked when you logged off, then it sends a "ping" command to the controlling device.
- As per the relay specifications, the device shall check that it is available (i.e. another avatar is not currently sitting on it) and if so, send a "pong" reply to the relay.
- On receiving the "pong", the relay shall send a "@sit:device_id=force;unsit=n" command to the viewer to force-re-sit your avatar on the device. If the "pong" is not received after a timeout delay, the relay shall instead free your avatar from any restriction (i.e. not re-sit your avatar).

Sadly, many RestrainedLove devices are buggy or badly scripted and do not reply to "ping"s with "pong"s, so the relay times out and frees your avatar on relog (the Cool Hud reports such an event with "<device name> is not responding. You got freed from it !"). This is a flaw in their script, but in no way a bug in the viewer.

Note also that the current Cool Hud version is v3.84 and you really should update to it (it's available from the freebies "vendor" of the Cool Shop, in Hunburgh, or from the Marketplace).

Quote:
I also tried to duplicate on Marine's viewer to see if it is something inherited, but her viewer has some unique issues with my system, (it seems to run smooth then freeze every few seconds).
The Cool VL Viewer strictly adheres to Marine's API specifications, so should you have tested the same device with Marine's viewer, you'd have got the same result.

Quote:
I tried an RLVa viewer, and was re-sat properly
Perhaps did RLVa folks implement a viewer-side force-resit, but this is in violation of Marine's specifications, and can cause serious issues (e.g. if the device crashed and stopped working and you logged off to escape it: the ping/pong dialog won't happen with such a crashed device and the Cool VL, Viewer won't force-resit you on it as a consequence, while a RLVa viewer would re-sit you again and again, forcing you to disable RLVa altogether - if possible - to escape this situation).

2018-10-30 14:00:07
Profile WWW

Hi Henri,

After reading your explanation, I got a chance to do some more debugging of what i was seeing using a simple RLV pose-ball, some listeners and the RLV Debug viewer features. What i saw was exactly as you expected, very broken messages from the relays i was choosing from, Ugh!

Thank you for the detailed explanation!
~Lycia

2018-11-03 20:06:01
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]