Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 13:06:45

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
I'm confused by the RLV @attach command. 

I'm confused by the way the RLV @attach command seems to be working in Cool VL Viewer 1.28.2.32 (the latest Mac release) and wonder if I can get some advice. I have read this passage on the LSL Protocol/RestrainedLoveAPI web page:
Quote:
In other words, if you intend to make your script always replace existing attachments when attaching new ones, use @attach. If you want your script to always make attachments stack, use @attachover. If you want to give the user the choice through the name of the folder (as indicated above, by prepending the name by a "+" sign by default), use @attachoverorreplace.
I read this as meaning that @attach is the equivalent of wearing a folder in inventory, while @attachover is the equivalent of adding a folder, but my testing suggests that @attach and @attachover do exactly the same thing. If I use @attach to attach the contents of a folder to my avatar, attaching objects does not force off objects already worn on the same attachment points. Instead it stacks the new object in exactly the same way that @attachover does.

Obviously I am not understanding something correctly, and I would be grateful for some help. The test script I am using is here.

2021-07-29 01:27:46

I cannot reproduce your issue. For me, @attach does replace attachments on the same points as the ones worn from the RLV folder...

Please, verify that your already worn attachments are not locked (in which case, they won't detach, as expected). Use the "Advanced" -> "RestrainedLove" -> "Restrictions and commands log" floater to track all the commands and restrictions.

Note however that @attach won't replace worn attachments when the folder you force-attach got a "+" sign as the first character of its name. Note also a small incoherency in Marine's API documentation, since the phrase you cite is actually deprecated as shows the documentation for "@attachoverorreplace":
Quote:
This command works exactly like @attach described here above, it is a synonym.
Meaning the "If you want to give the user the choice through the name of the folder (as indicated above, by prepending the name by a "+" sign by default), use @attachoverorreplace" part of her note for @attach is deprecated/misleading as of RLV v2.5, when @attach was made to behave just like @attachoverorreplace; the API evolved with time... and in any case, the code for @attach* is in sync in both Marine's and my viewers.

2021-07-29 08:39:17
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]