Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-19 05:20:46

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
SLURL/CoolVL Error Message. 

When trying to use an SLURL I get the multiple viewer error message.

---------------------------
Cool VL Viewer is already running.

Check your task bar for a minimized copy of the program.
If this message persists, restart your computer.
OK

I have always had the '-multiple' modifier in the shortcut and can open multiple viewers at once. So why am I getting this message? Please don't tell me it's because of RLV :roll: lol..

Cool VL Viewer 1.23.5 (25) Aug 22 2010 17:53:50 (Cool VL Viewer)
RestrainedLove viewer v1.23c (Cool VL Viewer v1.23.5)
Windows 7 x64.

-Gov

2010-08-24 16:59:11

Yes, it is. To prevent cheating (and to force you to always relog at the logout position), you cannot use SLURLs while RestrainedLove is activated.

2010-08-24 18:55:33
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
"To prevent cheating"

Why force all these headaches, Wear/Add to Outfit, SLURLs, Can't login at 'home' anymore. etc. etc. when all one has to do is go into preferences and disable RLV support? I'm using RLV to make someone happy, but ultimately I am the administrator of my computer. How can RLV ever really be what it was intended to be? all it does is restrain my ability to use simple conveniences.

Okay maybe I'm just a whiner, or a non-believer in the RLV thing. Maybe I don't see the big picture?

Maybe the picture is hidden behind this error message that pops up all the time:
Quote:
Cool VL Viewer is already running.

Check your task bar for a minimized copy of the program.
If this message persists, restart your computer.

OK

LOL, Heh.. *sigh*

-Gov

P.S. Yes I realize that Henri is not the creator of RLV.

2010-08-24 19:18:21

The Cool VL Viewer simply abides the RestrainedLove specifications as stated by its creator, Marine Kelley.

If you do not like RestrainedLove, *no one* forces you to activate it in the Cool VL Viewer.

2010-08-24 20:01:53
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
*no one* forces you to activate it in the Cool VL Viewer.

You are completely correct of course Henri. But life is never just 'simple' is it? even Second Life.. if I turn off RLV there are concequences...

C'est la vie

-Gov

2010-08-24 20:17:20

Govern wrote:
if I turn off RLV there are concequences...

then you should live with either the consequences of having RLV active or the consequences of RLV inactive. pick your poison.

2010-08-24 20:32:52
Profile YIM WWW

Lance Corrimal wrote:
"pick your poison."

Screw 'The Man' I'm going Pocket Metaverse! Heh. :lol:

-Gov

p.s. no... i'm going to continue using Cool VL because it's the best viewer on the planet. It's just not Burger King® and i can't Have It Your Way®

2010-08-24 21:02:35

I just completely recoded this part of RestrainedLove, and you may now use SLURLs from a browser or with the --url and --slurl options of the viewer, as well as the "Start Location" combo on the login screen, as long as you log in with an avatar that was not teleport-restricted when you last logged out with it. Should you try to log in with an avatar that was TP-restricted, the viewer will simply relog you at the logoff location and will report in a dialog something like "The simulator you tried to log in is unavailable, you have been moved to a nearby location" (I know, the message is not exactly matching the actual situation, but it'll do for now, and till I figure out how to distinguish between a failure to log in in a given sim and a difference between the requested login sim and the last login location sim resulting from the overriding by RestrainedLove).

2010-08-29 13:20:38
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
I just completely recoded this part of RestrainedLove, and you may now use SLURLs from a browser or with the --url and --slurl options of the viewer, as well as the "Start Location" combo on the login screen, as long as you log in with an avatar that was not teleport-restricted when you last logged out with it.

I tried that with an alt that doesn't even own any RLV-scripted stuff, and I got "desired location not available" all the time, and ended up at my last location instead.

Tried it on Cool 1.23.5.26 and 1.25.0.3, same behaviour on both... I have the location input on my login screen, and enter a region name, and get the popup and end up at my last location.

2010-08-30 16:29:25
Profile YIM WWW

If you have RestrainedLove enabled, then you must first have logged in and logged off once with any given avatar before you can use SLURLs and/or use the login location combo with that avatar (this is because the flag allowing you to use them is only set on log off, provided your avatar is not TP-restricted).

EDIT: oops !... You are right, I forgot one test for the case when you input something manually in the start location combo (it works just fine with --url and --slurl, as well as when you select "My Home" in the location combo). It will be fixed in the next release.

2010-08-30 17:51:34
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next