Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 20:08:42

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Locked Attachments plus llTakeControls break double click tp 

I am finding that the RLV restriction on using double-click TPs if you are wearing anything locked plus any scripted item that has taken controls is a major pain in the neck. I understand that it's to stop people cheating if, for example, they are wearing leg-irons that make it difficult to walk, but it also means I can't double-click TP if I'm wearing an AO and have locked my glasses on so I don't inadvertently knock them off. Or if my collar is locked, of course.

Is there any chance of rendering this feature of RLV (not present in RLVa) less burdensome? Otherwise it pretty much breaks the double click tp for anyone using rlv.

2010-12-05 16:15:24

This feature is there so that people using, for example, cuffs, cannot cheat and move around faster than what the cuffs allow while restrained (this is when the cuffs would take control) by using double-click TP. Cuffs may or may not themselves restrict TP, but when they don't (which does make sense, when they only restrict the speed of the movements), the RLVa implementation allows people to cheat... Perhaps you should ask Marine for a new command to restrict double-click TPs themselves, in which case, this limitation could be lifted (but then, the cuffs makers will have to update their scripts)...

2010-12-05 17:30:13
Profile WWW

Thanks. I realise why it's there. It just seems to me an excess of caution to break a very useful feature of the viewer on the off-chance someone using it might be trying to cheat when, in fact, they far more likely to be wearing a locked collar while otherwise unrestricted and just trying to get from A to B.

I will certainly ask Marine if she will consider changing it, since it really reduces Cool Viewer's usability under normal circumstances for RLV users (well, for this one, at least).

ETA -- would it be possible for the viewer to check if there are, in fact, any RLV restrictions on movement in force before it turns off double-click tp? It occurs to me that were I making something I actually wanted to hamper the wearer's movement, I'd almost certainly call, for example, "@sittp=n".

2010-12-05 17:55:39

in RLV v2.4 (implemented in the Cool VL Viewer v1.25.0.20), the new algorithm only prevents double-click TP if both some device is locked on your avatar *and* some device intercepted the control of the forward key (i.e. if a script took control of that key and doesn't pass its status (key up or down) through to the viewer). This should work as intended (i.e. not restrict you to double-click TP when your walking movements are actually free) in almost all situations.

2011-01-24 10:17:23
Profile WWW

Thanks, Henri and Marine both; I can confirm that I can now double-click tp with a locked collar, together with my hair and some huds locked on so that I don't want badly-made traps to remove by accident, so I can use Cool VL (and Dolphin) again. I am so grateful.

2011-01-24 17:53:27
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]